Receiving/Inventory Supervisor(Full Time)- $2,500 Sign-on Bonus
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Join a team of more than 25,000 team members, comprised of our
home office and over 215 clubs and 3 distribution centers in 17
states. We're committed to delivering value and convenience to our
Members, helping them save every day on everything they need for
their family and home. BJ's Wholesale Club offers a collaborative,
team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow
and excel. -Job SummaryResponsible for the supervision of the
receiving department. Ensures the receipt and disposition of
merchandise and inventory in the club, including processing
paperwork, verifying merchandise, comparing receipts against
purchase orders, and checking for damaged products/concealed
shortages. Makes sure policies and procedures are followed within
the department. Leadership:
- Know their business/business acumen. - Exhibit strategic
thinking and sound decision-making thorough knowledge and
utilization of business data. -
- Lead through change. - Model leadership competencies, build
credibility and act as a champion for business growth. -
- Communicate effectively. Provide the information teams require
to be successful.
- Build high performing teams by creating a culture of
collaboration. - Provide honest and timely direction, follow up and
feedback that will drive business results and support team member
- Deliver results. Execute business expectations within expected
timeframes by setting clear expectations, utilizing follow up and
- Teach, coach and lead through the club level training process.
- Support team member engagement within all areas of responsibility
to enable the application of policies, procedures and
- Drive a culture of development, strategic thinking and acting,
ethical decision making and engagement. - - Lead with the team
member and member in mind to address any and all concerns and to
escalate any concerns, as appropriate. -
- Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the
- Embrace inclusion and diversity, by working together with
collaboration and respect. Acknowledge team member success, work as
a team to achieve goals, identify and retain top talent.Members:
- Guarantee service excellence through all points of contact. -
- Set service standard expectations for all team members. -
Provide team support and empowerment to resolve every member
- Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the
- Daily commitment to GOLD Member Standards
- Greet, Anticipate, Appreciate (GAA)
- Fast, Friendly Full, Fresh, CleanClub Standards: Lead teams to
deliver GOLD club standards daily.
- Define and model GOLD- Grand opening look daily
- Maintain visible accurate signage
- Clean and organized, inside and outKnow Your Business:
- Acquire a deep knowledge of key metrics and reporting for total
club and department performance
- Drive performance and profitability by using reporting to
identify trends and areas of opportunity
- Have the foresight to see a breakdown in process and correct it
before it negatively impacts club performance metrics
- Communicate a simple message to your team on the connection
between consistent operational performance and achieving club
financial targets Primary Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key
- Maintains the operations of the receiving department, including
matching received inventory against purchase orders and reviewing
discrepancies in received inventory.
- Processes inbound and outbound shipments. Ensures all product
pricing and signage is displayed.
- Ensures radio frequency (RF) guns are used when receiving
- Makes sure all receiving paperwork is complete and
- Separates pallets and verifies that pallets are in the correct
selling or non-selling location.
- Supervises Receivers and/or Receiving Clerk. Acts as a mentor
to team members in the receiving/inventory control department.
Reports any issues to management.
- Communicate with Logistics
- Oversees and coordinates the delivery schedules
- Complete the department self-audit with detail and
- Completes receiving documents and other daily reports.
- Ensures that processes are in place to secure the receiving
doors when not in use and properly checks in visitors and vendors.
- Ensures that process is in place to inspects bags, backpacks,
briefcases, and lunch boxes / bags that are leaving the
- Assigns truck door locations and ensures drivers are outside of
their trucks while it is being unloaded. Ensures the trucks are
secured while on the dock and that full trailer loads are empty
when departing the dock.
- Ensures all safety equipment (e.g. dock restraint system) is in
proper working condition.
- Ensures that the receiving / employee entrance is alarmed when
not in use, that the receiving and overhead doors are properly
sealed, and that the alarms are operational.
- Verifies the seal integrity of all trucks, including
distribution center loads and frozen / dairy shipments. -
- Monitors distribution center loads to ensure all high shrink
merchandise is properly secured. - Ensures high shrink merchandise
is removed from the dock at the end of the receiving day.
- Confirms incoming and outgoing Direct Store Delivery (DSD)
quantities and ensures they are processed correctly.
- Executes merchandise protection on designated items.
- Validates that all merchandise leaving the back doors has
appropriate paperwork and approvals.
- Operates the compactor and cardboard baler and secures the
equipment when not in use.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of this job.Qualifications
- Forklift operator required.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Prior experience working in a big box receiving environment
- Computer skills preferred.
- At least 18 years of age. Job Conditions
- Majority of the time is spent moving about continuously on hard
surfaces. There may be a need to frequently position oneself to
examine or scan merchandise, including bending, climbing, crawling,
handling, pulling, reaching, and/or stooping.
- Continuously requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May
require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than
30 pounds with assistance.
- Usually in a comfortable environment surrounded by moving
machinery and/or loud equipment that may require shouting in order
to be heard. There may be occasional exposure to cleaning
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Nantucket , Receiving/Inventory Supervisor(Full Time)- $2,500 Sign-on Bonus, Professions , Barnstable, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!