Company: Polhemus Savery DaSilva Architects Builders
Posted on: May 9, 2022
For 25 years, Polhemus Savery DaSilva (PSD) has collaborated with
individuals, families, and institutions to design and build
exceptional custom homes that celebrate creative design and quality
craftsmanship, honor their natural environments, and set the stage
for lasting memories - for generations to come.
PSD is nationally recognized for thoughtfully integrated
architecture and construction on Cape Cod and coastal southeastern
New England. PSD provides a highly collaborative process that is as
special as the buildings we create. Our single-source approach
provides seamless communication among the project team and our
clients to ensure we meet deadlines, stay on budget, and deliver
quality workmanship that realizes our client's vision. Our office
is located in East Harwich, MA.
The - Construction Superintendent -is responsible for the daily job
site management, supervision, coordination and successful
completion of residential construction projects, ensuring that
projects are completed on time and within budget. Additional
responsibilities include managing trade partners and ensuring
quality control and safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead all work on residential construction sites to ensure
compliance with design, project specifications, regulations and
- Manage trade partners and consultants; inspects work and approves
payment for acceptable work and materials. Manage contract
adherence and provides input on trade partner selection.
- Manage safety for himself/herself; oversees PSD employees to
ensure they work safely; evaluate safety violations and exercises
judgment to take appropriate action.
- Manage work against benchmarks and timetables to ensure trade
partners, employees and vendors perform on schedule and on
- Exercise discretion to plan and coordinate starts; modify
schedules in response to field conditions to achieve PSD company
- Use sound judgment to implement PSD's jobsite compliance programs
and monitors subcontractor compliance with applicable regulations
such as building codes, environmental laws, and health and safety
- Act as PSD's primary representative on the jobsite with third
parties such as trade partners, consultants, customers and
- Manage daily logistics of the site to ensure various contractors
work harmoniously; stage the job by determining the timing and
location of material deliveries.
- Develop and maintains business relationships with owners,
consultants and trade partners.
- Maintain current certifications for First Aid, CPR and OSHA.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 7-10 years residential construction experience with
supervisory or project oversight experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of home construction including relevant building
codes and scope of work.
- Ability to read understand and implement adjustments to
architectural and structural blueprints, off-site improvement plans
and soil reports.
- Construction Supervisor's License.
- OSHA 30-hour certification required.
- Basic Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel proficiency.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- Field and/or office environment.
- Travel to the site, and off-site locations will be required.
- Overtime as required.
- May be exposed to hazardous working environments with heavy
- Reaching above and below, stooping and bending.
- Lifting/carrying/moving up to 50 pounds.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, file, and perform
- Needs a high degree of concentration in a busy field and office
Keywords: Polhemus Savery DaSilva Architects Builders, Nantucket , Construction Superintendent, Professions , Harwich, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!