Posted on: November 12, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining equipment
and facilities to operate in the safest and most productive
condition, supporting continuous improvement, production strategies
and plant reliability of equipment and building systems.
Essential Job Duties
* Understands and adheres to governmental regulatory programs and
policies. These may include but are not limited to: National
Electrical Code, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Uniform
Building Code (UBC) and local government environmental agency
* Practices and complies with all plant and maintenance department
safety procedures, including but not limited to: Lock-Out -
Tag-Out; Arc Flash and Hot Work Permits.
* Understands the concept of Permit Required Confined Spaces and
assists with proper alternate entry of re-classified confined
spaces when necessary.
* Follows all applicable good manufacturing practices (GMP's) for
* Maintains and uses appropriate personal protective equipment
(PPE) in accordance with Occupational Safety and Health
Administration (OSHA), food handling before and after equipment
inspection and repair activities.
* Attends classes, seminars, and in-house training as needed to
maintain skill level with changes in the industry.
* Makes improvements and suggestions to optimize maintenance
* Executes and document planned and unplanned work findings and
data during shift via computerized maintenance management system
* Repairs and installation of parts, tools and equipment.
Fabricates or modifies machines, tools, or equipment to manufacture
new products or improve existing products.
* Performs Preventative Maintenance (PM), inspections, corrective
repairs, special projects/equipment rebuilds
* Performs execution and resolution of equipment
* Leverages methodologies including, but not limited to: root cause
analysis (RCA), break down failure analysis (BDA) and cause maps to
identify and resolve equipment issues.
* Utilizes predictive maintenance technologies to identify failures
and takes correct follow-up actions. Predictive maintenance
technologies include ultrasound, thermal imaging, oil analysis, and
* Documents the cause of the failure and works with maintenance
team, planner, supervisor, or other team members to take action to
prevent a reoccurrence of the failure.
* Understands and interprets technical documents and diagrams which
include but are not limited to: factory manuals, blueprints,
schematics, Single Line Electrical Drawings, mechanical and
electrical equipment schematics, pneumatics, hydraulics, and
Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID's), and etc.
* Maintains and repairs facility/utility systems such as
mechanical, electrical, building systems, water heater/boiler,
steam, chilling system, electric power, gas, or compressed air
required for operations.
* Executes PMs and repairs to Heating, Ventilation and Air
Conditioning (HVAC) systems, refrigeration, instrumentation,
elevator maintenance, painting, plumbing, carpentry, grounds
keeping and mechanical repairs - pumps, motors systems.
* May be required to perform tests, repair and replacement of fire
alarm, fire sprinkler, smoke detector, emergency and exit sign
lighting system and report any malfunctions to supervisor.
* Repairs, replaces and/or rebuilds plumbing fixtures and
* Cleans and replaces traps, drains, vents and drain lines,
faucets, and toilets, basic wall board repairs, including wall
* Handles plant waste, both hazardous and non-hazardous, in a
manner which will insure compliance with local, state, federal, and
* May perform other duties as required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
* Reads and interprets common technical journals, synthesizing
complex or diverse information and carries out detailed written or
oral instructions, correspondence, and memos.
* Write and present information in one-on-one and small group
situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the
* Communicate/interact with all levels of employees in a
professional manner. Work and function as a team member in a team
* Perform simple arithmetic functions including addition,
subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers,
decimals, fractions, and mixed numbers. Able to use precision
measuring equipment. Convert measurements from feet/inches to
decimals and vice versa. Draw and interpret bar graphs.
* Use a computer for data entry and documentation of maintenance
findings on work orders. In some cases, upload and download
technical manuals and specifications from CMMS or internet. Must be
able to use a basic calculator
* Effectively work and function in a team based collaborative
* Requires attention to detail, mechanical ability and ability to
multi-task. Must be able to make good decisions under pressure.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED; a minimum of 2 years of experience in a
manufacturing facility performing mechanical and electrical
inspections, troubleshooting and repairs; pass plant specific
maintenance test required.
Preferred Qualifications: Some college or formal technical school
education with demonstrated aptitude and skills in mechanical,
electrical, pneumatic, carpentry, plumbing, and welding techniques.
Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized
situations, along with two years in food manufacturing environment
Professional Licenses or Certifications
Mechanical/electrical certifications/licenses preferred but not
Valid Driver's License.
Must be Forklift certified or able to obtain forklift and aerial
Place an "x" in the box for each of the categories below:
Weight: Place an "x" in the box for each of the categories
Up to 10 pounds
Up to 25 pounds
Up to 50 pounds
More than 50 pounds with assistance
More than 100 lbs
Subject to indoor facility and outdoor weather conditions, dust,
Place an "x" in the box for each of the categories below:
Minimal travel may be required.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from
discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal
law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbells, Nantucket , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Barnstable, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!