Floating Department Assistant (Part-time)
Company: Compu-Vision Consulting Inc.
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Position: Floating Department Assistant (Part-time)
Location: Brewster, MA 02631
Duration: 6+ Months
Working Days: 3 days/ week
Hours/week: 8 Hours
- Position performs office, administrative and public service
work assisting with the operation of the office they have been
assigned; as a floater, this position can be assigned to any
department depending on departmental need. All other related work,
- The essential functions or duties listed below are intended
only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be
- The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude
them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a
logical assignment to the position.
- Answers the phone and assists the public; relays information in
person, by phone, in writing and by electronic media; provides
information about Department programs and/or procedures; assists
applicants in completing forms and applications; refers people to
correct sources of information; analyzes and examines situations
and next best courses of action when dealing with customers;
coordinates with and makes referrals to other departments.
- Performs a wide range of clerical duties including, but not
limited to filing, data entry, drafting of correspondence and
reports; maintaining files and records (both physical and
electronic) of the department(s), distributes mail, and acts as a
go to for general office help.
- Processes accounts payable for assigned departments.
- May assist with processing department attendance, payroll,
accounts payable & receivable, public records requests, and
drafting meeting minutes when assigned to cover other
- Special projects as assigned.
- Performs other similar or related duties, as required or as
- Performs varied and responsible functions requiring a working
knowledge of departmental operations and the exercise of judgment
- Works under the general supervision of the Executive Assistant,
following department rules, regulations, and policies; duties
require the ability to plan and perform operations and
independently complete assigned tasks, according to prescribed time
Education, Training and Experience
- High school degree required; advanced training desired; minimum
one year office or related experience required; municipal
experience preferred; or an equivalent combination of education,
training, and experience.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures; knowledge of
basic financial record keeping.
- Knowledge or ability to learn state and local laws required to
- Knowledge and experience with various computer
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to work in different departments and quickly adapt to
each departments unique needs.
- Ability to interact appropriately and tactfully with the
- Ability to develop an understanding of regulations; ability to
maintain detailed records
- Ability to learn and explain Department regulations; ability to
- Ability to follow detailed timetables.
- Excellent customer service and organization skills, excellent
written and verbal communication skills, excellent computer skills
including MS Office applications.
- Must be able to adapt to working in different offices and
varied clerical responsibilities.
- Work is performed in office conditions, with the expected
variations of different departments.
- Frequent interruptions to respond to requests for information
or service; work is subject to fluctuations, and administrative
- Operates computer, printer, telephone, copier, facsimile
machine, plotter, and all other standard office equipment.
- The employee has frequent contact with residents, the general
public, co-workers, and town officials.
- The employee has access to department confidential
- Errors could result in delay of service, monetary loss, or
legal repercussions for the Town.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to sit, communicate, or hear.
- Occasionally required to walk, must be able to handle, or feel
objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects
weighing up to 15 pounds.
- Vision and hearing at or correctable to normal ranges to read
documents and analyze data.
- This position requires the ability to operate a keyboard at
- This job description does not constitute an employment
agreement between the employer and employee, and is subject to
change by the employer, as the needs of the employer and
requirements of the job change.
Keywords: Compu-Vision Consulting Inc., Nantucket , Floating Department Assistant (Part-time), Other , Brewster, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!