Mental Health Worker - Per Diem - Cape Cod CCS - BONUS up to $3,000
Company: Bay Cove Human Services
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Mental Health Worker - Per Diem - Cape Cod CCS - BONUS up to
Hyannis, Barnstable, MA 02601, USA
Tuesday, October 18, 2022
Bonus - $750 for every 200 hours worked up to $3,000.
Salary: $16.95 for per diemMission Statement:Bay Cove Human
Services partners with people to overcome challenges and realize
The CCSMentalHealth Worker (MHW) provides direct services to adults
in crisis at the CCS. S/he will carry a case load based on daily
census and will provide direct care supports including admission,
treatment planning, running groups, case management, and discharge.
S/he ensures safety of all clients through provision of as needed
1:1 supervision, conducting and documenting checks, proactively
addressing escalating behaviors. The MHW also provides for
operation of the CCS in terms of meal set-up and clean-up; room
maintenance; keeping the unit clean; and doing laundry. This is a
non-exempt position.Supervisory Responsibilities:NoneEssential
Functions of Position:
- Completes and documents admissions, treatment plans, client
daily documentation, and discharge summaries in accordance with
BCHS, DMH, BMC, MBHP, and BEST.
- Ensure that the unit follows the daily schedule of program
activities, client meetings, and groups. Oversight of therapeutic
groups as leader, co-leader, and observer.
- Ensures for the cleanliness and upkeep of the unit, assists in
meal preparation and cleanup, completes bed set up and gathers
- Maintains effective working relationships with insurers, DMH,
BMC, BEST, local community resources, and treatment/rehabilitation
programs throughout the Cape Cod community.
- Participation in daily rounds with multidisciplinary team and
follows up on identified issues for the unit and for the individual
- Ensures that safety protocols are routinely reviewed and
followed consistently by all staff (such as emergency systems;
identification and remedy of facility safety hazards; security
systems; lock up of sharps and any potential toxins; hazardous
waste management; checks protocols, checking vitals protocols,
- Performs all other duties and projects as assigned by
supervisor.Requirements for the position:
- Minimally 3 years' experience working in a mental health
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills in working as an effective team player in a
- Personal Characteristics:
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of
multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a pressured situation and
maintain clarity, focus, judgment, and compassion
- Ability to provide leadership
- Ability to identify problems and initiate solutions to
- Ability to work with people in crisis in a hopeful and
compassionate manner and model this for others
- Ability to work independently
- A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position. One
COVID-19 shot is acceptable, contingent on the individual receiving
the second shot within the allotted time frame.Physical
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds and complete cleaning and
- Hyannis, Barnstable, MA 02601, USA
Share this job:
Keywords: Bay Cove Human Services, Nantucket , Mental Health Worker - Per Diem - Cape Cod CCS - BONUS up to $3,000, Other , Barnstable, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!