Bakery Team Member
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Join a team of more than 32,000 team members, comprised of our
home office and over 229 clubs and 7 distribution centers. Were
committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members,
helping them save every day on everything they need for their
family and home. BJs Wholesale Club offers a collaborative,
team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow
Job SummaryProofs and bakes all unfinished bakery goods by
following each items product handling information using ovens
and/or other equipment. Unpacks bakery goods from the freezer and
displays proper amounts based on bakery production chart
recommendations, including safe handling and storage instructions.
Maintains all cleaning and safety standards within the bakery
- Carry out job functions and responsibilities as assigned.
Support the application of club policies, procedures and
- We strive for flawless execution and hold ourselves
- Acts with honesty and integrity and lead with the member in
mind to address any and all concerns and to escalate any concerns,
- Ensure a safe and positive environment for our members and each
- Embrace inclusion and diversity, by working together with
collaboration and respect. Work as a team to achieve goals.
- Move with speed and agility in everything we do.
- Innovate and adapt so we can move as fast as the world around
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude.Members:
- Deliver service excellence through all points of contact.
- Resolve and deescalate to address every member concern.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the
- Daily commitment to GOLD Member Standards
- Greet, Anticipate, Appreciate (GAA)
- Fast, Friendly Full, Fresh, CleanClub Standards: Work as a team
to deliver GOLD club standards daily.
- Work with commitment and pride to deliver GOLD- Grand opening
- All items stocked and promotional plans executed
- Maintain visible accurate signage
- Clean and organized, inside and outKnow your Business:
- Understand how to access and read production and/or financial
performance reporting for your department
- See the connection between consistent execution and the
positive impact it can have on the businessMajor Tasks,
Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Answers questions and recommends bakery items. Answers Member
calls and takes special orders.
- Proofs and bakes all unfinished bakery goods by following each
items product handling information using ovens and/or other
equipment. Uses bakery production charts as a guide for production
and display needs. Gathers products to be prepared for the next
- Packages freshly baked goods, including cookies, Danish
pastries, muffins, rolls, breads, pies, cakes, and other items as
needed. Unpacks bakery goods from the freezer and displays proper
amounts based on bakery production chart recommendations.
- Decorates special order or case product.
- Rotates and stores bakery products following proper work
methods on food safety, food freshness, and product handling
policies and procedures.
- Receives, inspects, and stores bakery shipments. Rotates and
stores bakery products following food safety, food freshness, and
product handling policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all products are fresh and meet company quality
standards. Checks for out-of-date products daily and follows
salvage and stale product policies and procedures.
- Generates labels and price tickets for bakery goods and
performs price check functions when necessary. Ensures all items
are accurately priced.
- Cleans and sanitizes equipment, display fixtures, and food
surfaces in the bakery, including ovens, cooking utensils,
refrigerated cases, display racks, and tables.
- Operates and handles bakery equipment using proper work methods
in accordance with safety policies and procedures.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of this job.Qualifications
- Experience working in a bakery or customer service oriented
- Knowledge of bakery products preferred.
- At least 18 years of age.Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about non hard surfaces. There
may be a need to occasionally position oneself to examine or scan
merchandise, which can require bending, handling, pulling,
reaching, pushing and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May
require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects greater
than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor environment with frequent
exposure to temperature extremes from freezers, ovens, and/or
- There may be frequent exposure to cleaning agents.Required
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Nantucket , Bakery Team Member, Other , Barnstable, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!