Whole Foods Team Member - Full Time
Company: Whole Foods Market
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Were offering $500 to part-time Team Members and $1,000 to
full-time Team Members hired between May 2nd and May 30th, 2022 at
this location. To be eligible, the Team Members must remain
continuously employed from their offer acceptance date to their
90th day of employment and work an average of at least 16 hours per
week during that 90-day period. The sign-on bonus will be paid out
in one lump sum payment following the 90-day period in accordance
with applicable law and is subject to applicable taxes and other
withholdings. Beginning May 30, 2022, all current and visiting
hourly Team Members will begin receiving an additional $2.00/per
hour seasonal pay premium for each regular hour worked. This
premium pay will be included in any applicable overtime and holiday
wages. Note: You are only eligible for the seasonal pay premium for
hours worked at Hyannis from 5/30/22-9/18/22. Hours worked at other
Whole Foods Market locations, will not be eligible to the receive
seasonal pay premium. Here is a list of our Team Departments and
the kinds of Team Member roles you may be considered for: Prepared
Foods: Cook (Prep, Pizza), Team Member (Deli Counter, Sandwich
Maker, Hot Food/Salad Bar Runner), Dishwasher Bakery: Baker, Cake
Decorator, Team Member (Counter service, Packaging, Coffee)
Customer Service/Store Support: Cashier, Cashier Assistant
(Bagging, Carts) Grocery: Team Member (Stocking frozen, dairy, bulk
items) Day and Overnight shifts Whole Body: Team Member (Stocking
vitamins, supplements, body care, clothing, gifts) Meat: Team
Member (Counter service, Oven ready prep), Meat Cutter Seafood:
Team Member (Counter service, Oven ready prep) Specialty
(Beer/Wine/Cheese): Team Member (Pub Service, Cheese
Cutting/Wrapping) Produce/Floral: Team Member (Stocking, Floral
Arrangement), Production(Fruit Cutting)Apply today and check your
email for next steps!Job Responsibilities
- Ensures a fresh and appealing display by keeping cases and
shelves clean and well stocked by front-facing, checking codes,
rotating and removing out-of-date products.
- Stocks and cleans grocery shelves, bulk bins, frozen and dairy
- Monitors and prevents spoilage and communicates waste to
buyers, Team Leaders, and shift supervisor.
- Maintains back stock in good order.
- Assists with sampling program, keeping sample areas full, clean
- Completes spoilage, sampling, temperature, and sweep worksheets
- Assists with periodic inventory checks.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed
and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required
trainings and meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of
customers in a timely and effective manner and modelssuggestive
selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper
procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established
procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation,
and safe work practices.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary
working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance
with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures
accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Performsother duties as assigned by store, regional, or
national leadership.Job Skills
- Ability to sell proactively.
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and
- Proactively reads labels and familiarizes oneself on various
- Ability to perform simple math (addition, subtraction,
multiplication, and division).
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to
work as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable
manner to fellow Team Members,customers, and vendors.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in
all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time
management and organization skills.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced
environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality
- No prior retail experience required.Physical
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting,
squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters,
electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a
fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and
candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,
age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected
characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals
solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and
Keywords: Whole Foods Market, Nantucket , Whole Foods Team Member - Full Time, Other , Barnstable, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!