Posted on: November 12, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Material Handler is responsible for maintaining the integrity
of the organization's shipping department, receiving, storing,
picking, loading and distributing products and POS materials within
Essential Job Duties
* Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping
order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or
* Transports materials and items from receiving or production areas
to storage or to other designated areas.
* Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins
according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style,
color, or product code.
* Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, or
other stock items and distributes items to production areas.
* Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on
* Marks materials with identifying information.
* Opens bales, crates, and other containers. Creates bales, open
crates and other containers, loads onto trucks and assists with
loading scrap into the scrap compactor
* Records amounts of materials or items received or
* Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure
conformance to company standards.
* Uses computer to enter records.
* Certified to drive material handling equipment.
* Transports stored items within the warehouse.
* Loads and unloads trailers of palletized and non-palletized
* Utilizes manual and automated material handling equipment.
* May prepare and take a cycle count inventory of all merchandise;
records counts on cycle count sheets.
* Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene
guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and personal
* Keeps work area clean and removes trash from work area floor.
* Stores supplies in designated areas.
* Keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from
* Follows instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various sizes,
shapes, and weights; identifies/reports defective equipment.
* Reports all job-related injuries to supervision.
* Mandatory overtime may be required.
* Take photos of incoming or outgoing load and log items and
pictures for documentation as required.
* Supports and participates in Continuous Improvement initiatives
including 5S (sort, set, shine, standardize, and sustain).
* May perform other duties as required.
Statement of Coverage (In absence of incumbent, outline who will
perform the essential duties and responsibilities; applicable for
Quality Supervisors and Managers only.)
Scope of Responsibility
Works under direct supervision while following all company
guidelines, procedures, and policies in order to maintain a safe,
clean and efficient work environment.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Ability to deal with problems involving occasional variables in
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED required.
Professional Licenses or Certifications
Ability to qualify for and maintain fork lift operator's
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk
or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or
balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50
pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from
discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal
law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbells, Nantucket , Material Handler, Other , Barnstable, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!