Unit Nurse Supervisor
Company: Mayflower Place Nursing and Rehabilitati
Location: West Yarmouth
Posted on: November 11, 2021
Want to know what makes our employees eager about going to work
every day? The people we serve. Being apart of Maplewood requires
passion and a desire to help others. Each employee has the ability
to touch the hearts of all our seniors and be a part of something
bigger than themselves. It’s not just a job. It’s an extraordinary
Maplewood Senior Living is a state-of-the-art, forward-thinking
senior living provider. We offer a home-like, luxury
environment for our residents, allowing them to live “the good
life” in a safe environment. As an associate of Maplewood
Senior Living, you will have the ability to make a profound
difference in the lives of seniors each and every day. As we
continue to grow, we are seeking a Unit Supervisor to become part
of our family. We invite you to take your first step toward a
rewarding career with us!
What we offer
- Competitive wages
- Flexible shifts
- Paid training & uniforms
- Growth opportunities
- Bonus & incentive programs
- Competitive Benefits Package: including medical,
dental, vision, 401K, company paid time-off, life
insurance policy, insurance deductibles and
voluntary Aflac insurance for our full-time
- Ensuring that the needs of new admissions are identified
and met in a timely manner by delegating tasks to ensure that
initial assessments, interim care plan, admission note is done,
admission orders obtained and transcribed - May delegate theses
tasks to self, other nurses, oncoming shifts as appropriate.
- Ensuring that all residents receive care according to facility
- Evaluating residents care needs on a daily basis during daily
- Ensuring that all needs are met, this may be accomplished by
personally assigning all tasks on day shift or delegating this
responsibility for specific shifts to team leaders.
- Investigating any resident incident/injuries occurring on
shifts he/she is on duty. Reviewing all incidents/injuries which
occur on off shifts, weekends/holidays and initiating interventions
- Serving as resource to team leaders providing consultation,
assistance with emergencies, educating and assisting with
procedures as appropriate.
- Contacting M.D.s with updates re: resident conditions,
problems, obtaining and transcribing orders.
- Collaborating with team leader in addressing issues which arise
relative to staff performance—i.e.) disciplinary process.
- Conducting quality assurance reviews as per QA Plan (Med Pass,
IV, G-Tube reviews, resident care evaluations, unit tours.)
- Routinely reviewing weights, nutritional status, skin condition
of residents for purpose of early identification of problem(s) and
- Routinely evaluating residents for appropriateness and/or
reduction of restraints (chemical and/or physical), bowel and
bladder retraining programs, wander guard system.
- Providing current data relative to residents’ conditions at
- Maintaining ongoing communication with other disciplines
regarding residents with newly identified needs for evaluation
and/or intervention by these disciplines.
- Ensuring timely and effective communication relative to
residents’ condition by:
- Notifying M.D. and families of any significant change in
- Accompanying M.D. on rounds and addressing all items on problem
list and each M.D.’s folder.
- Establishing and maintaining open and positive contact with
- Being available to respond to family members’
- Notifying family of any significant change in resident’s
- When appropriate, involving families in discussions when issues
with ethical and/or financial considerations exist unless resident
is capable of making own decisions.
- Facilitating staff grown and development by:
- Identifying education needs of individual staff members and
encouraging attendance at related in-services as well as offering
- Identifying general educational needs of staff and
communicating these needs to day supervisor.
- Incorporating an educational component into evaluative
- Providing timely evaluations to staff identifying strengths,
and weaknesses, education recommendations and goals for upcoming
- Providing educational intervention ad hoc when incidents occur
an educational deficit may have contributes to their
- Fostering a team approach and team spirit by:
- Conducting weekly staff meetings identifying issues,
encouraging group problem solving and providing information re:
- Conducting resident focused problem solving discussions when
- Ensuring that all items requiring formal documentation are
adequately addressed including but not necessarily limited to
resident incident/injury reports, staff injury reports, fire drill
reports, unusual incidents.
- Ensuring that any significant unusual events are reported to
Administrator and D.N.S. in a timely manner.
- Participating in revision and development of nursing policies
and procedures as a member of policy/procedure committee.
- Ensuring appropriate evaluation/treatment of injured staff by:
- Completing documentation of injury with staff member
- Assessing staff member for return to work or assessment at
facility’s health care provider site for staff injuries.
- Completing investigation/recommendation form.
- Sending completed report to D.N.S.
- Ensuring that documentation in resident records is accurate,
timely and complete by:
- Weekly review of Medicare/managed care notes to ensure that
Medicare/managed care requirements are met.
- Reviewing weights on weekly basis, identifying early indicators
of weight change issues.
- Reviewing notes written relative to unusual incidents
- Ensuring continuity of care on all shifts by communicating with
supervisors, team leaders on other shifts at change of shift.
- Ensuring that unit is a safe, sanitary environment by:
- Monitoring for safety hazards, infection control problems when
conducting daily rounds.
- Notifying maintenance, housekeeping departments of problems
- Directing nursing staff as appropriate in intervening with
safety, infection control issues within purview of nursing
- Ensure that facility policies and procedures are uniformly
interpreted and enforced through ongoing participation in nursing
leadership meetings, policy/procedure meetings, ethics meeting and
others as scheduled.
- Registered Nurse currently
licensed to practice in Massachusetts (LPN considered with relevant
- Two years full time or full time
equivalent clinical experience
- Experience in a supervisor
- Experience and/or special interest
working with older adults
- Able to perform tasks which may be
physically demanding such as pushing, bending and lifting up to 50
- Ability to maintain positive
working relationships with residents, their families, peers and
other staff members
- In good physical and emotional
health and free of communicable diseases
Maplewood Senior Living conducts pre-employment screening
including background check, drug screening, and reference
All candidates will be required to show valid
proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 before commencing work or
commit to obtaining full vaccination within 30 days of commencing
work, unless they receive an approved exemption from
Maplewood. Maplewood will require unvaccinated candidates to
obtain their first dose prior to commencing work and then obtaining
a second dose with in thirty days after the first dose. Those
who do not obtain full vaccination within that time frame, without
an approved exemption, will be terminated.
Licenses & Certifications
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Registered Nurse
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Mayflower Place Nursing and Rehabilitati, Nantucket , Unit Nurse Supervisor, Other , West Yarmouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!