LensCrafters - Lab Technician
Company: The Luxottica Group
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Requisition ID: 368563
Store #: 000472 LensCrafters
Total Rewards: Benefits/Incentive Information
At LensCrafters, we love eyes and we care about the people
LensCrafters is the largest optical retailer in North America
with 1,000+ stores and as part of an eyewear industry leader,
Luxottica, our love of eyes and higher standard of quality have
made LensCrafters a leader in vision care for over 35 years.
With a career at LensCrafters, you'll find yourself learning,
growing, and interacting with some of the most passionate and
talented people in the business. At the same time, you'll be
helping people look and see their best.
The Lab Technician creates exceptional value in the lives of our
customers by delivering The LensCrafters Experience. Exceeds
customers' expectations through manufacturing eyewear in accordance
with LensCrafters Quality Manufacturing Program. Ensures speed and
reliability of service.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produces quality eyewear through utilizing the Quality
Manufacturing Program: selecting lenses, marking, taping, blocking,
generating, fining and polishing, coating polycarbonate lenses,
first (surface) inspecting, finish layout and blocking, edging,
tinting, UV and anti-reflective coating, grooving, drop-ball
testing, safety monogramming, mounting and final inspecting.
- Responsible for basic operation, cleaning and ongoing
maintenance of laboratory tools and equipment using established QMP
maintenance procedures and calendars. Diagnoses and solves
- Strives to improve technical knowledge through the completion
of the Quality Manufacturing Program and continually applies that
knowledge in the production of all eyewear.
- Performs multiple tasks simultaneously with accuracy and
thoroughness despite time pressures and customer volume.
- Utilizes product knowledge to determine the best manufacturing
process for both routine and special orders to ensure the
production of top quality eyewear in accordance within expected
- Attentive to detail with all measurements, calculations,
equipment settings and defective product.
- Takes initiative to notice and follow up on discrepancies;
suggests improvements, recommends solutions and does what is
necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Reviews Accufit and diagnoses vision care needs.
- Operates Point of Sale inputting all lab statistics with
accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strives to achieve "Exceptional Results" on LensCrafters'
annual CEI/Functional Skills that align with brand priorities.
- Drives top line performance and bottom line optimization /
- Takes pride in the appearance of the store and shows initiative
in keeping the lab and stock room clean, organized and safe.
- Complies with all safety/regulatory requirements ensuring
supplies/chemicals are stored and used per chemical safety program.
Keeps management informed of potential safety opportunities (i.e.
broken tiles, equipment, etc.).
- Demonstrates safe work practices including the wearing of
personal protective equipment while in the lab.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Strong customer service skills (internal and external)
- Strong communicator and listener
- Strong basic math skills
- Organizational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Strong inter-personal skills (friendly, caring, patient)
- Knowledge of store merchandise
- Optical training
- Previous experience in optical
- Experience with machinery
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will
provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities
who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To
request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica
Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 or e-mail
HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com (be sure to provide your name and
contact information for either option so that we may follow up in a
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition,
being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression
or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military
status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful
discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or
maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics
protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance
with Tribal Law.
Keywords: The Luxottica Group, Nantucket , LensCrafters - Lab Technician, Other , Hyannis, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!