Environmental Services Associate
Company: Partners Healthcare System
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Full-time, 40 hours per week, night shift
Perform primary housekeeping and laundry responsibilities, and
other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs the day-to-day hospital housekeeping functions such as
cleaning, wiping, mopping, dusting, emptying waste, emptying
recyclables, collecting paper for shredding, vacuuming etc. in
accordance with Department policies and procedures. Scope of duties
extends to hospital campus buildings and NCMG offices
- Ensures that assigned work areas are maintained in a clean,
safe, comfortable and attractive manner reporting problems to
department supervisor / manager.
- Follows established safety precautions when performing tasks
and when using equipment and supplies.
- Assures that established Infection Control practices are
maintained when performing housekeeping procedures.
- Emptying waste, emptying recyclables, collecting paper for
- Cleans windows/mirrors in patient rooms, recreational areas,
bathrooms, and entrance/exit ways.
- Cleans floors, to include vacuuming, sweeping, dusting,
damp/wet mopping, disinfecting, etc., and assures that appropriate
caution/safety signs are properly set up prior to performing such
- Cleans carpets, to include vacuuming, extracting, deodorizing,
- Cleans walls and ceilings by washing, wiping, dusting, spot
cleaning, disinfecting, etc.
- Cleans hallways, stairways, and elevators as assigned.
- Removes dirt, dust, grease, film, etc., from surfaces using
proper cleaning/disinfecting solutions.
- Discards waste/trash into proper containers and relines trash
receptacle with plastic liners.
- Removes Hazardous waste using proper PPE from hospital areas
and relocates them to the Hazardous waste storage area.
- Reports all hazardous conditions or equipment to the department
- Ensures that equipment is cleaned and properly stored at the
end of the shift.
- Keeps department head informed of supply needs.
- Assists others in lifting heavy equipment, supplies, etc., as
directed or requested.
- Turns in all found articles to department supervisor /
- Performs terminal cleaning procedures, as instructed when a
resident is discharged, and/or transferred to another
- Keeps work/assignment areas free of hazardous objects, such as
protruding mop/broom handles, unnecessary equipment, supplies,
- Collects laundry to be cleaned from work sites and areas
ensuring proper procedures are followed and sorts soiled laundry
according to approved policy and procedures.
- Loads laundry washing machines in accordance with procedures
- Unloads washed laundry in accordance with procedures for
- Folds cleaned laundry in accordance with procedures for same,
discarding unfit or torn items.
- Delivers laundry to applicable departments/areas in accordance
with department schedules and/or needs.
- Notifies supervisor / manager if there are repairs needed for
- Brings unusual situations in Laundry to the attention of the
supervisor / manager.
- Utilizes hospital reporting systems to report any unsafe
situations or equipment
- Apprises Department supervisor / manager in a timely manner of
any absences from the department for the purpose of meetings,
breaks, illness, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum requirements for the position
- Basic knowledge of cleaning products
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to read and write in
- Must complete CPI/MOAB/Sitter Training
- Lift 50 pounds
- Must be available to work overtime as needed to complete all
job duties. Some evenings and weekends per department needs.
- Occasional on-call scheduling may be needed.
- Must be available to work in the case of a Hospital declared
Preferred requirements for the position
- A minimum of one (1) year's prior experience in floor care and
- GED or High School Diploma
Keywords: Partners Healthcare System, Nantucket , Environmental Services Associate, Other , Nantucket, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!