Nurse Practitioner - Full Time
Company: Partners Healthcare System
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Working together with our community to achieve whole person
wellness through health and related services.
An island community that enjoys physical, mental, emotional, &
The Nurse Practitioner provides comprehensive care to
individuals and families in a variety of ambulatory care settings.
As a key member of the care team, the Nurse Practitioner will
maintain a patient panel and engage in population health management
initiatives designed to improve overall patient and community
health. A component of these initiatives is diagnosing, prescribing
treatment and monitoring patients during all phases of wellness and
illness. This position initiates referrals to other health fields
to proactively offer a multidisciplinary approach to the patient's
total care plan.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs and records the patient history and physical
- Utilizes advanced practice knowledge to identify, prevent or
solve complex and/or recurring patient care problems.
- Follows and manages patients enhancing continuity of care.
- Performs specialized procedures.
- Performs medically delegated aspects of patient care as agreed
upon by nursing and medical administrators according to practice
- Collaborates with NCH staff and physicians to facilitate a
comprehensive plan of care and coordinate resources.
- Writes orders in accord with current guidelines.
- Places an emphasis on patient instruction and education.
- Maintains and practices in accord with practitioner guidelines
per state and hospital regulations.
- Provides on-call service including coverage for vacations and
- Participate in the development, execution and periodic review
of the written policies governing the services of the clinic.
- Participate in a periodic review of the patient's health
- Arranges for or refers patients to needed services that cannot
be provided at NCH.
- Assures that patient health records are maintained and
completed in accordance with policy guidelines.
- Provides consultation to both nurses and physicians.
- Monitors patient outcomes in accordance with defined standards
of patient care.
- Promotes a collaborative relationship and effort between the
NCMG medical staff and internal departments to offer continuity of
patient care and efficient use of resources.
- Adheres to all NCH standards, policies and procedures.
- Promotes NCH public relations.
- Responsible for personal goals, professional growth and
maintenance of required credentials.
- Maintains the standards and educational requirements specific
to the position and licensure.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required for the
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required
- Demonstrated competence in Family Practice and Internal
- Skills and knowledge base for independent clinical decision
- Knowledge of relevant Federal and State laws and
- Knowledge of written policies and procedures.
- Ability to exhibit a high degree of professional excellence
characterized by sound independent judgment, initiative, and a high
standard of ethics.
- Ability to tactfully communicate with both internal and
- Ability to work effectively with medical staff, nursing,
advanced practice providers and sr. leadership.
- Ability to make rational decisions quickly and
- Exceptional organizational skills and flexibility to prioritize
- Effective oral, written and teaching skills.
- Skilled in Electronic Medical Record systems.
- Master's degree in nursing required.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as a Nurse Practitioner
- Current Registered Nurse license in Massachusetts
- Current certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner and
authorization to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in Massachusetts
- 2-5 years' experience as a Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Current DEA certification preferred.
Required Behavioral Skills
- Dedication to Excellence: Commitment to work together to meet
the needs of those we serve in the most competent, professional and
- Respect: The dignity and individual rights of every patient and
employee are seen as the responsibility of every caregiver,
employee and patient.
- Integrity: Commitment to the highest personal, organizational
and ethical standards; providing patient care in a responsible,
- Quality: Efficient service to the community with the highest
level of skill while striving for continuous improvement.
- Confidentiality: Privileged information is protected, and
privacy standards are upheld.
- Communication: Effective and appropriate exchange of
information with our patients, community, staff and partners in
- Safety: Dedicated to providing an emotionally and physically
safe and accessible environment for patients, staff and
- Teamwork: Fostering an open, creative, and challenging work
environment built on respect.
- Day and weekend hours required; must be flexible with
scheduling to meet the needs of the Clinic.
- Must be available to work in the case of a Hospital declared
Keywords: Partners Healthcare System, Nantucket , Nurse Practitioner - Full Time, Other , Nantucket, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!