Class A Delivery Driver - Hyannis, MA ($10,000 Sign On Bonus)
Company: Performance Food Group
Posted on: June 3, 2021
Class A CDL drivers efficiently deliver the right product to
customer accounts in a courteous, professional, compliant, safe and
timely manner. Drivers use a multitude of methods including manual
lifting, use of two wheel dolly, ramps, and/or carts in
Sign-on Bonus: $10K
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Safe and professional operation of a commercial motor vehicle,
including but not limited to: Combination vehicles, straight
trucks, or other vehicles such as pick-up trucks and service vans
with a GVWR or GCWR over 10,001 lbs.
- Complete pre-trip, in-route, and post-trip inspections of
- Ability to operate vehicles in congested areas with limited
space and potential obstacles.
- Comply with all applicable Department of Transportation
regulations including but not limited: Controlled Substances,
Commercial Driver Licensing, Driver Qualification, CMV Operation,
Hours of Service; CSA inspections and compliance, Vehicle
Inspection and Maintenance, etc.
- Maintain an acceptable driving record in compliance with
Department of Transportation Regulations.
- Utilize an on board computer to track hours of service.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Safely and accurately unload and deliver multi-temperature
product to customers utilizing a variety of preferred methods
including lift gates, carts, conveyers, hand trucks, and/or pallet
- Utilize barcode scanners at the point of delivery as required
to verify delivered product.
- Pick up returned product as required.
- Accurately complete delivery and pick up paperwork.
- Maintain contact with Dispatch to receive delivery or pick up
instructions or changes in scheduled deliveries or pick-ups.
- Maintain route plan as provided by Dispatch. Communicate to
Dispatch any barriers to maintaining the route plan so any changes
can be communicated to the customer.
- Maintain knowledge and comprehension of all applicable
Department of Transportation regulations and Company policies
through Company training and certifications.
- Observe all local, state and federal laws and ordinances.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Medical, Dental, and Vision after 30 days
- Company Matched 401k
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Purchasing Perks
- Unlimited Growth Opportunities and More!
- 1+ years commercial driving experience
- Foodservice distribution industry experience
- Onboard computer and electronic log system experience (i.e.
- Hand-held point of delivery scanning system experience (i.e.
- Customer service related work experience
- High school diploma/GED or state approved equivalent
- Valid CDL A
- Meet all State licensing and/or certification requirements
- Must be 21 years of age
- Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) for past 3 years
- Pass post offer drug test and criminal background check
- Pass road test
- Valid current DOT Health Card and/or able to secure new DOT
- Able to hand-lift and utilize two-wheeler, lift gate and/or
other equipment to move and/or stack product cases/freight of
varying size and weight throughout shift; product generally ranges
from between 10-35 pounds and up to between approximately 60 and 90
pounds, depending on the location
Keywords: Performance Food Group, Nantucket , Class A Delivery Driver - Hyannis, MA ($10,000 Sign On Bonus), Other , Hyannis, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!