Rockland Trust is currently seeking a FT Teller to work in our
Nantucket Amelia Drive location.
As a Teller you will assist the Bank in meeting its goals of
sales and service by providing the highest level of customer
service through an ongoing commitment to improvement in knowledge,
productivity, and job efficiency.
Under the supervision of the Branch Manager or Designee this
position is responsible for conducting financial transactions for
bank customers; identifies and makes sales referrals, recommends
digital channels, cross-sells bank services and products, and
provides superior service in a highly professional manner.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Understands and develops knowledge of bank products and
- Consistently greet customers, make them feel welcome and engage
them to learn about their financial needs.
- Introduce customers to new Product & Services, actively
participate in sales promotions and generate leads for the platform
and business partners.
- Meets customer needs through problem solving techniques as
- Conducts business in a professional manner and maintains a neat
and orderly work area. Establishes and maintains a good working
relationship with all bank personnel.
- Understands and adheres to security and compliance policies and
- Processes all transactions including deposits, withdrawals,
transfers, check cashing, etc. in an accurate, efficient,
professional manner within established guidelines and
- Performs settlement procedures and balances cash drawer
- Display a high level of professionalism, adhere to dress code
policy, treat all people with dignity and respect, and perform in
an ethical manner in all transactions and interactions
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Sales and Service:
- Recognize/Identify cross sell and up sell opportunities and
contribute to successful achievement of all customer service
standards and sales goals
- Actively develop new customers and strengthen existing
- Promote products and marketing initiatives as required while
proactively matching products and benefits to the specific needs of
Operations and Compliance:
- Process transactions and respond to product and service
inquiries quickly and effectively
- Comply with Federal and State Compliance Regulations as well
Rockland Trust policies and procedures
- We provide two weeks of paid training in the basics of the job.
Further training is through on-the-job exposure, academic programs
and company courses
There is ample opportunity to learn and to advance to higher
level positions based on your interest in advancing your career and
ability to learn.
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication and computer
- Demonstrate sales and service oriented personality and maintain
a professional appearance.
- Applicants must have a genuine desire to work with customers in
a caring and empathetic way, with a positive approach to
interactions with customers and team members.
- Position is responsible for providing excellent service to
customers while supplying them with information on a variety of
banking products that are suited to their individual needs.
- Duties performed require a high level of accuracy in cash
handling and an expectation for cross-selling and up-selling
- Position requires constant customer contact.
- Position must be able to discern customer needs and recommend
most appropriate product or service.
- Decisions are made under close scrutiny of immediate supervisor
and may become more extensive as position gains in knowledge and
- Errors in judgment at this level may result in monetary losses
to the Bank and/or a breach of bank policy.
- Normal office requirements with long periods of standing and
continuous customer contact.
- The willingness to work within a flexible six or seven day work
week as customer needs dictate.
- Must have the ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Once hired, continued employment is dependent upon successful
completion of Teller Training, which includes an exam.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Candidates should have 1-2 years prior teller experience or
cash handling/customer service skills
Our goal is to offer our colleagues the most generous benefits
package possible. We strive to provide colleagues with a
comprehensive benefits package and an environment that supports a
healthy work-life balance. Benefits include: Competitive
compensation with performance incentive awards, Health Insurance,
Dental Insurance, a 401K and DC Plan for your retirement, LTD &
Life Insurance, Day Care Reimbursement, Tuition Assistance for
graduate and undergraduate programs, an award winning Wellness
program and much more!
At Rockland Trust you'll find a respectful and inclusive
environment where everyone is given the chance to succeed. We are
an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.