Speech Language Pathologist
Company: Partners Healthcare System
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Full-time, 40 hours per week, day shift
Administers diagnostic testing and provides comprehensive
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Administers diagnostic testing procedures to determine extent
of patient's impairment and the prognosis for improvement.
Identifies pertinent patient problems.
- Sets objective, measurable treatment goals, incorporating
patient's goals for functional outcomes. Establishes treatment
- Performs treatment procedures and adapts equipment and therapy
techniques to meet patient needs. Reevaluates patients, modifies
treatment plan and procedures based on patient's progress.
- Coordinates and performs Modified Barium Swallow Studies with
the Radiology Department.
- Provides objective, analytical documentation of patient care,
patient/family education, and information regarding units of
services. Communicates with medical/allied health personnel
regarding patient progress, needs, and discharge planning.
- Provides optimal age-appropriate care to population served.
This may include infants (birth to 1 year), toddlers (1 to 3
years), preschool children (3 to 5 years), school age children (6
to 12 years), adolescents (12 to 18 years), young adults (19 to 45
years), middle adults (45 to 59 years), and late adults (60 years
- Enhances professional growth through participation in
educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and
- Observes and follows established safety rules at all times,
using all safeguards and safety equipment provided.
- Consistently meets work schedules.
- Demonstrates flexibility when goals, strategies, priorities or
- Attends meetings as required
- Serves as a clinical resource for areas of expertise.
- Participates in quality improvement efforts.
- Manages time effectively and completes tasks within scheduled
- Demonstrates initiative and effective problem-solving skills
within the scope of the position.
- Answers department telephones and provides information
regarding speech therapy services.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information in accordance
with Hospital policy and applicable statutes and regulations.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required for the
- Must be able to demonstrate adequate technical skills and
judgment to function unsupervised during on-call, second shift, and
- Ability to supervise volunteers and interns.
- Ability to tactfully communicate with both internal and
- Ability to handle stress and work in emergency situations.
Ability to use of fingers and hands to operate all
department-related equipment as described on the Department
checklist. Additionally, must use beeper, telephone, calculator,
fax, and other related office equipment.
- Ability to frequently bend, using back and knees.
- Ability to lift between twenty (20) and one hundred (100) or
- Ability to stand and walk constantly is required. Minimal
- Ability to bend, twist, crouch, squat, pull, push, reach, and
remain stationary for short period of times and perform repetitive
- Ability to use hands, fingers, arms and wrists, hearing, smell,
and verbal skills are required in order to perform job duties.
Credentials and Experience Required
- Master's Degree in Speech Language Pathology required.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) in the fields of
audiology and speech-language pathology.
- At least one (1) year of full-time or equivalent part-time
professional experience as a speech therapist required.
- Current, valid Massachusetts Speech Language Pathology license
issued by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Board of Registration
of Speech-Language Pathology Audiology required.
- Solid experience in performing Modified Barium Swallow
- Current cardiopulmonary resuscitation ("CPR") certification
- Regular workweek requiring minimal additional hours.
- Must be available to work in the case of a declared hospital
Keywords: Partners Healthcare System, Nantucket , Speech Language Pathologist, Other , Nantucket, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!