Registered Nurse - Per Diem
Company: Partners Healthcare System
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate understanding of the standards of care related to
- Demonstrates proficiency in performing dialysis nursing
- Assessing patient access for patency and/or complications
- Performing cannulation efficiently and effectively
- Assessing patient pre and post treatment
- performing dialysis treatment per unit standard
- monitoring for patient response to Rx
- Assessing patient for discharge
- Monitoring estimated dry weight appropriately
- Handling complications efficiently and effectively
- seeking guidance/advice from appropriate source when
- maintaining effective psycho-social skills with patients
- Collects and documents all data pertinent to each patient's
actual and potential needs.
- Documents and reports significant findings of ongoing patient
- Formulates the patient plan of care based on acceptable
standards of practice.
- Communicates the patient plan of care (written/verbal) through
- Plans individualized patient care using nursing theory in
collaboration with patient and other health care providers.
- Attends Short and Long Term Care Plan conferences
- Implements patient's plan of care in collaboration with
patient, family members and significant others.
- Communicates the initial plan of care and revision
(written/verbal) through shift reports and other established
- Implements, consistently provides and documents patient
education related to ESRD/dialysis plan of care in the patient
- Evaluates nursing interventions to changing patient situations
as demonstrated by patient outcome, documentation in the patient
record and revision of the plan of care.
- Prioritizes nursing interventions in complex and rapidly
changing patient situations, as evidenced by the patient outcome
and documentation in the record.
- Recognizes acute problems that occur in the unit and intervenes
in a safe manner, in accordance with Nursing Department and
- Reports unusual occurrences to Clinical Coordinator/Clinical
Nurse Manager and/or MD as appropriate.
- Demonstrates proficiency in administering treatments,
procedures and equipment appropriate to the unit/department as
demonstrated by the skills checklist.
- Administers safely and documents medication regimen according
to established procedures with no more than three (3) documented
errors per year.
- Uses standard precautions and appropriate personal protective
equipment as outlined in the Nursing Department Infection Control
- Demonstrates competency in the following areas by physical
demonstration, verbal or written exam (medical equipment, age
specific assessment and intervention, procedures such as IV
therapy, lab draws, medication administration, etc.), as may be
required in the performance of job duties and
- Participates in activities designed for professional growth in
nursing as well as Nephrology.
- Attends all mandatory Hospital/Nursing Department in-service
training sessions and meetings.
- Participates in department meetings and conferences as
- Reviews and signs all in-service updates.
- Identifies own limitations in skills and knowledge as
demonstrated by seeking guidance when needed from appropriate
- Actively participates in own performance appraisal.
- Helps maintains performance and sterility of dialysis machines
- Heat and bleach disinfection
- Obtaining monthly cultures
- Maintaining machine logs
- Maintains order by maintaining adequate stock of supplies and
ensuring adequate forms for the clinical record, patient education,
- Participates in department quality improvement activities.
- Provides assistance to other staff members when needed and
- Participates in the orientation of new staff members.
- Assists in the scheduling of seasonal/transient patients and
obtaining the necessary transfer paperwork.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information in accordance
with Hospital policy and applicable statutes and regulations.
Credentials and Experience Required
- Graduate of an accredited RN program required;
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Prior experience of greater than 1 year in a medical/surgical
- Critical care experience preferred.
- Valid Massachusetts RN License,
- BLS required, ACLS recommended but not required.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation ("CPR") certification
- Must be available to work day or evening shifts, as well as
weekend rotations, as assigned.
- Must be available to stay overnight should need arise during
patient transports off island.
- Must be able to rotate to other units, as assigned.
- Must be willing to work additional shifts, as assigned.
- Must be available to work in the case of a declared hospital
- Must be tested on hire for color-blindness
Keywords: Partners Healthcare System, Nantucket , Registered Nurse - Per Diem, Other , Nantucket, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!