(Full Time) Returns/Damaged Products Clerk Job
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club
Posted on: May 3, 2021
BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the
warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today,
we're a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in
17states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off
grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a
supportive and engaging workplace that's committed to developing
If you're a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working
collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our
Members, we want to hear from you. BJ's offers a fast-paced, team
environment with great training opportunities and competitive
salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
RETURN TO VENDOR (RTV)
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key
- Works with speed and accuracy to facilitate organized
processes. Accurately processes damaged or defective merchandise by
following appropriate salvage, donation, vendor return, reverse
logistic, hazardous waste and destroy procedures.
- Obtains return authorizations from vendors, processes vendor
chargebacks, and packages and ships merchandise returns based on
vendor return policies.
- Maintains the correct stock / inventory status for all damaged,
defective and returned merchandise.
- Assesses breakage logs associated with leaking, spoiled and
broken merchandise and processes merchandise out of inventory.
Processes freezer and dairy damages.
- Understands the company's community / donation programs and
administers salvage and donation merchandise orders.
- Conduct daily club safety walks, escalate findings to Asset
- Supports Inventory Control Count Team in executing count
processing as assigned.
- Review daily return reports, processes merchandise recalls, and
processes tire and battery returns.
- Ensures that the AFS and release dates are followed.
- Ensures that the books are stocked, and that the execution of
book returns are completed in partnership with the RICS.
- Processes the 945/948/950 in partnership with the AP
- Re-wraps sellable merchandise using appropriate seal and
shrink-wrap packaging guidelines.
- Ensures the department is organized and clean. Follows
established safety, filing organization, and lock-up
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of this job.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work
performed by Team Members in this role. It is not designed to
contain a complete inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this role. This
description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for
this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties
of the position at any time.
- Must successfully complete required training and certification
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and computer
- Forklift experience preferred.
- At least 18 years of age.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment
opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual
orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental
disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait,
marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and
expression, military or veteran status, or any other
characteristics protected by applicable law.
Nearest Major Market: Cape Cod
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Nantucket , (Full Time) Returns/Damaged Products Clerk Job, Other , Hyannis, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!