Assistant Club Manager Job
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club
Posted on: May 3, 2021
BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the
warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today,
we're a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in
17states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off
grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a
supportive and engaging workplace that's committed to developing
If you're a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working
collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our
Members, we want to hear from you. BJ's offers a fast-paced, team
environment with great training opportunities and competitive
salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
ASSISTANT CLUB MANAGER
Creates a club culture where team members feel challenged, know how
to be successful, are encouraged to do their best, and are
recognized for their accomplishments.
- Effectively leads the team by managing with vision and purpose,
clearly communicating and giving direction, and validating
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment
opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual
orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental
disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait,
marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and
expression, military or veteran status, or any other
characteristics protected by applicable law.
- Manages talent and builds a strong bench by encouraging team
member growth and development, holding team members accountable,
having difficult conversations, and providing honest and actionable
- Learns quickly and adapts to change. Effectively communicates
to team members to enable them to do their jobs effectively by
sharing necessary information, explaining the "why's", and keeping
- Exhibits strong decision-making capabilities that align with
the Company's strategic priorities and support the achievement of
club operational goals and objectives.
- Controls operating costs and establishes operational
efficiencies. Implement new concepts to maximize
- Embraces the Company's core values / purpose and ensures team
members do the same. Creates a great shopping experience for
members that is dedicated to exceeding member expectations.
- Attains planned sales volume through effective supervision of
warehouse management and communication with the Home Office.
- Ensures operational efficiencies, processes, and productivity
standards are executed with 100% adherence to established SOP
within the front line/member service, merchandising, recovery,
omni, receiving, tire bay, and gas station departments.
- With the club management team, responsible for achieving
financial targets including sales, profit, and performance. Reviews
budgets, plans and P&L to ensure achievement of key targets
relative to sales, MFI, profits, and performance.
- Provides leadership and direction, and manages day-to-day
operations, of the front line/member service, tire bay, gas
station, merchandising and receiving. Escalates issues as
appropriate to Home Office or General Manager as needed.
- Responsible for the effective communication of departmental
activities and Home Office initiatives to club Team Members, club
management and club support teams.
- Maintains deep understanding of club policies and procedures
across all areas of the club.
- Directly manages Night Manager, Receiving Supervisor, and
Service Supervisors. Assesses Team Member performance, provides
actionable feedback and coaches, teaches, and develops talent.
Assists in hiring, training, and performance management.
- Leads Night Manager to manage merchandise display and signing
processes and ensures adequate inventory levels are maintained to
achieve sales goals. Leads merchandise team to ensure overnight
shifts are led as efficiently as possible and to identify
merchandising sales growth opportunities.
- Leads and manages the receiving department operations.
- Oversees Club Self Audits and, tire bay, gas station, receiving
and maintenance departments to measure and ensure compliance with
policies, procedures, regulations and laws.
- Continually monitors member service levels as well as
engagement to ensures a positive service experience is delivered to
- Responsible for the proper maintenance and working order of the
building, equipment, furniture and fixtures within the club and for
the departments that he/she manages.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of this job.
Nearest Major Market: Cape Cod
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Nantucket , Assistant Club Manager Job, Other , Hyannis, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!