Grocery Receiving Lead Associate
Company: Whole Foods
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Leads all receiving, accounting, and distribution operations
associated with incoming product. All Whole Foods Market Retail
jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing
courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team
Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance
with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team
Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in
other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to
support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and
store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all
applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and
regulatory duties required in the department.Job
- Leads and performs all product receiving functions, including
inspection, counting, temping, weighing, and data entry of all
- Guides Store Receiver in all receiving and product distribution
- Supervises the work of Store Receiver(s) and provides regular
feedback on performance to Store Leadership.
- Partners with Store Leadership to ensure adequate scheduling &
- Enforces regional HACCP receiving procedures and the Receiving
- Enforces and maintains all applicable receiving and accrual
- Tracks open POs and obtains pending invoices on received
- Oversees coding and processing of all store expense
- Communicates and maintains Team Member safety and security
- Establishes and maintains collaborative and productive working
relationship with departmental and store leadership.
- Communicates all team objectives and relevant information
clearly to Team Members.
- Establishes and maintains positive and productive vendor
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of and ensures compliance
with relevant regulatory rules and standards.
- Maintains baler, compactor, and all environmental areas in
proper working order; ties bales, calls for can pick up, and
directs service team to areas requiring attention.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed
and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required
trainings and meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of
customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive
- Maintains or ensures maintenance of accurate department signage
- Maintains or ensures maintenance of a safe, clean, and
well-organized working and shopping environment.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable regulatory rules and
regulations, Weights and Measures, health and sanitation and
adheres to safe work practices.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations; communicates
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or
national leadership.Job Skills
- Excellent communication skills, willingness to work as part of
a team and ability to lead and develop others.
- Extensive knowledge of store receiving, accounting, and
distribution procedures and policies.
- Extensive knowledge of food handling, safety, and other
- Able to prioritize efficiently and delegate
- Demonstrated computer skills and ability to use computer
programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PeopleSoft, IRMA,
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to
work as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable
manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in
all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time
management and organization skills.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced
environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality
- 14+ months retail experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience proven success in a receiving or
distribution center environment.
- Minimum 2 years experience proven success interacting with IRMA
or similar Inventory Management systemPhysical Requirements /
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds. * In an 8-hour work day:
standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
pulling. Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting,
squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters,
knives, electric pallet jacks, forklifts, hand trucks, six-wheel
carts, balers, and other heavy machinery.Note: The purpose of this
document is to provide a general summary of essential
responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive
list. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements
for every position. Requirements build as one progresses through
the job levels, so any job duties required at a lower level may be
required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for
that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities
may differ for similar positions based on business conditions,
departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for the
particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful
performance in their current position before being considered for
promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level
position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the
candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new
position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an
advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or
developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not
guarantee a promotion.At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and
equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates
regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age,
marital status, disability, or any other legally protected
characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals
solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and
Keywords: Whole Foods, Nantucket , Grocery Receiving Lead Associate, Hospitality & Tourism , Harwich, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!