Registered Nurse - 24 hrs- Specialty Clinics
Company: Nantucket Cottage Hospital (NCH)
Posted on: December 25, 2018
The Registered Nurse (RN) protects, promotes, and optimizes health and abilities for patients, prevents illness and injury, alleviates suffering through the diagnosis and treatment of human response, and advocacy in the care of individuals, families, communities, and populations. The Registered Nurse, as a member of the health care team, collaborates with physicians and multidisciplinary team members, providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families. Nursing care is based upon the assessed needs of the patient, is congruent with the prescribed therapy of the medical staff, and is based on the Hospitals mission, vision and values.
The NCMG RN is a licensed professional who supports physicians in the provision of patient and family centered care in an ambulatory care setting. The clinical nurse reports to Clinical Practice Manager and is responsible for working side by side with the physicians, leadership and health care team to oversee the delivery of quality patient care through the daily operations of the office, including the daily supervision of the medical assistants (MA).
The primary function of the RN is to provide direct patient care for patients in an ambulatory setting (primary care, medical walk-in) in a timely and high quality manner in collaboration with physicians, nurses and the other members of the multidisciplinary team. This may include rotation to the primary care clinics on an as needed basis.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Oversees the day-to-day clinical activities to ensure a patient focused, quality environment of care is maintained. Ensures compliance with MGH/MGPO best practices and NCH/PHS policies.
* Maintains a safe environment for patients/staff
* Collaborates with Practice Manager, Community Affiliate Practices and leadership to identify current and future practice needs. Participates in the development of work plans and implements changes to support the primary care model. Participates in special projects, as assigned.
* Promotes an environment that is sensitive to the culturally diverse needs of patients and staff.
* Facilitates the development of positive working relationships among departments of the MGH/MGPO and NCH.
* Monitors adherence to HIPAA policies and procedures related to management of protected health information.
* Creates and maintains policies, procedures, and guidelines related to practice operations, including those related to point-of-care testing, new medications and therapies, and patient flow. Monitors adherence to policies.
* Serves as departmental resource for preparation for Joint Commission and other regulatory site visits. Ensures the environment of care is maintained.
* Implements quality measures as directed by MGH/MGPO/NCH Quality teams. Participates in pay-for-performance standards and ensures practice flow supports quality goals.
* Meets hand hygiene and other infection control practices.
* Maintains necessary clinical skills through self-directed clinical practice.
* All other related duties to support the optimal functioning of the MGPO Practices
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Telephone Triage
* Processes medication refills
* Conducts patient call-backs/follow-up calls
* Supports the office team with obtaining required medical records/consults/test results
* Assists administrative staff with medical and treatment pre-authorizations
* Assists the physicians and other office staff with scheduling patients for required medical appointments
* Reviews all incoming lab/consult/testing results, prioritizing them for timely review by the physician
* Assists the practitioner as needed
* Administers Immunizations
* Completion of a pre-visit comprehensive assessment, intake and history of new patients
* Rooming patients and preparing the patient and room.
* Review and documentation of all relevant clinical information in each patients records.
* Completion of screening and evaluation forms
* Comprehensive teaching and education of patients and/or their families utilizing current, standardized teaching tools and handouts
* Assists the physician with treatments/screenings
* Assists other team members as needed
* Graduate of an Accredited Nursing School.
* Current Registered Nurse licensure in Massachusetts.
* Certificate as a provider of BLS
* Minimum of 2 years relevant clinical experience
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
* Good computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office and medical office practice applications
* Demonstrated strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to communicate with both internal and external customers.
* Demonstrated ability to be flexible, highly organized and make independent decisions in response to operational issues within medical office environments which are remote from professional support structures
* Ambulatory Outpatient Hospital Setting, medical walk-in clinic, Normal office conditions. Will be provided with computer and other equipment/supplies necessary to perform outlined duties.
* Regular office hours and work week required at most times, some scheduled changes may be required to meet the needs/demands of the Hospital.
* Overtime as necessary to complete assigned work.
* Ability to frequently bend, using back and knees, stand and walk. Ability to frequently climb, bend, reach, stoop, squat, help lift objects from five to fifty pounds and transfer patients via wheelchair or stretcher. Ability to independently lift from five to twenty-five pounds.
* Must be available to work in the case of a Hospital declared emergency.
The hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or disability.
Keywords: Nantucket Cottage Hospital (NCH), Nantucket , Registered Nurse - 24 hrs- Specialty Clinics, Healthcare , Nantucket, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!