Nurse II - Cape Cod CCS -$3,000 Bonus
Company: Bay Cove Human Services
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Nurse II - Cape Cod CCS -$3,000 Bonus
Hyannis, Barnstable, MA 02601, USA
Tuesday, December 13, 2022
$3,000 Bonus - $1,500 after 3 months, $1,500 after 6 months
Bay Cove Human Services, Inc. a leading Massachusetts human
services organization, seeks a Nurse II to join us in our mission
to provide high-quality services to adults who face the life-long
challenges of mental illness, aging and drug and alcohol
dependency. The Nurse II will be responsible for the care of
patients in the unit and asses changes in patient conditions. The
detoxification center is an acute treatment facility which provides
medically monitored services to men and women who need short-term
detoxification from alcohol, heroin and other opiates.
We are looking for someone who strive to:
- Challenge thinking.
- Be different.
- Lead change.Bay Cove is looking for people who are inspired and
- Medicate PRN, according to standing orders.
- Telephone and initial screen of all patients for admission,
obtaining an as medically accurate history as possible.
- Keep accurate nursing notes describing patients' physical
conditions and activities.
- Record all medications.
- Narcotic count at beginning and end of shift.
- Thoroughly and accurately report patients' status for the
- Report unusual events to Director of Nurses, Director or
- Observe for signs and symptoms of medication
toxicity/psychiatric in the dually diagnosed.
- Conduct condition checks every hour and more frequently as
required in the disorganized and suicidal client.
- Participate in ongoing discharge planning with counseling staff
- Plans with the patient, family and physician for initial and
on-going home health services.
- Evaluates patient care needs upon admission to the adult day
health program and regularly re-evaluates the patient's nursing
- Initiates, reviews and implements the nursing care plan for
each patient based on the nursing assessment and prescribed plan of
treatment and revises when indicated.
- Provides skilled nursing services, including administration of
medications and treatments as prescribed in the physician's care
- Reviews and implements physician's orders.
- Teaches the patient regarding self-care, coping and preventive
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing
- Observes, evaluates and reports on the patient's physical and
emotional status to the nursing supervisor and the attending
physician whenever change occurs, including reactions to treatment
- Provides patient progress reports to attending physician
whenever there is a change in the patient's condition.
- Conducts home visits in the program and In-Home services if
- Maintains clinical records for each patient receiving care
including monthly nursing notes, and progress notes related to
significant changes and health care teaching.
- Assists the patient and family with the use of community
- Prepares reports and correspondence as directed.
- May act as a liaison with institutions to promote continuity of
- Is responsible for complying with the Nurse Practice Act of the
State of Massachusetts, and complying with Agency Policy and
- Participates in in-service training programs.
- Nursing care is given in accordance with the patient's
- Coordinates nursing services with all other professionals
involved with patient care.
- Assists as necessary in the delivery of other program
- Supervises other health care staff and program assistants in
direct care techniques
- Licensure- A licensed Registered Nurse currently registered in
the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Experience - Experience involving acute admissions on either a
medical, surgical or emergency service preferred.
- Prior substance abuse experience preferred.
- Minimum of two years experience in direct care of adults or
chronically disabled persons.
- Able to read printed word.
- Able to communicate effectively in English - both verbally and
- Able to provide own transportation to patient's homes.
- Physically capable of performing the job.
- Must have physical within past 12 months, including TB
screening. Certified in CPR and First Aid.
- Keywords: Nurse, Nursing, Healthcare, Human Services, Substance
Abuse, Detox, ATS, Clinical, Medical, Nonprofit, Human Services,
Min Hiring Rate
- Hyannis, Barnstable, MA 02601, USA
Share this job:
Keywords: Bay Cove Human Services, Nantucket , Nurse II - Cape Cod CCS -$3,000 Bonus, Healthcare , Barnstable, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!