RN, LDRP - 36 hrs/wk
Company: Partners Healthcare System
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Part-time, 36 hours per week, Rotating shifts
This is a Registered Staff Nurse position with responsibility for
reasonable and comprehensive care for all obstetrical patients.
Accountable for the delivery of quality patient care, utilizing the
nursing process for all patients.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Collects and documents all data pertinent to each patient's
actual and potential needs within twenty-four (24) hours of
* Documents and reports significant findings of ongoing patient
* Formulates the patient plan of care based on acceptable standards
* Communicates the patient plan of care (written/verbal) through
shift reports and other established procedures.
* Plans individualized patient care using nursing theory in
collaboration with patient and other health care providers.
* Initiates patient plan of care, using assessment data upon
admission based on age-specific needs.
* Incorporates in the patient plan of care the:
* Nursing diagnosis specific to the patient's actual
* Nursing Diagnosis which reflects complex etiology.
* Individual teaching plans using identified teaching needs.
* Nursing interventions consistent with nursing diagnosis and
* Implements patient's plan of care in collaboration with patient,
family members and significant others.
* Communicates the initial plan of care and revision
(written/verbal) through shift reports and other established
* Formulates discharge plans within twenty-four (24) hours of
admission and as part of the revision process.
* Implements discharge plans by:
* initiating and completing discharge screening tool upon
* completing appropriate referrals to other care services,
* implements individualized teaching plan based on actual discharge
* Implements and documents teaching plan in the patient record.
* Evaluates outcome of patient care.
* Evaluates nursing interventions to changing patient situations as
demonstrated by patient outcome, documentation in the patient
record and revision of the plan of care.
* Prioritizes nursing interventions in complex and rapidly changing
patient situations, as evidenced by the patient outcome and
documentation in the record.
* Demonstrates proficiency in administering treatments, procedures
and equipment appropriate to the unit/department as demonstrated by
the skills checklist.
* Administers safely and documents medication regimen according to
established procedures with no more than three (3) documented
errors per year.
* Uses standard precautions as outlined in the Nursing Department
Infection Control Manual.
* Participates in performance improvement activities by evaluating
standards of care and initiating revisions as necessary.
* Demonstrates competency in the following areas by physical
demonstration, verbal or written exam (medical equipment, age
specific assessment and intervention, procedures such as IV
therapy, medication administration, initiation of telemetry, etc.),
as may be required in the performance of job duties and
* Participates in activities designed for professional growth.
* Attends all mandatory Hospital/Nursing Department in-service
training sessions and meetings.
* Reviews and signs all in-service updates.
* Presents one (1) patient care conference and one (1) in-service
training session relevant to the unit per year.
* Actively participates in 75% of staff meetings and Maternal Child
Health Committee Meetings.
* Identifies own limitations in skills and knowledge as
demonstrated by seeking guidance when needed from appropriate
* Identifies and meets individual annual goals that are congruent
with the Nursing Department's long- and short-term goals.
Participates in decision-making process in one committee or one
* Actively participates in own performance appraisal.
* Demonstrates leadership skills.
* Organizes own patient care and demonstrates ability to set
priorities, providing most acutely needed care first and
implementing physician and nursing orders within appropriate
* Recognizes acute problems that occur in the unit and intervenes
in a safe manner, in accordance with Nursing Department and
* Provides assistance to other staff members when needed and
* Reports significant findings of ongoing occurrences to the
appropriate Nurse Manager or Physician.
* Participates in the development and implementation of unit and
Nursing Department goals and objectives.
* Participates in the orientation of new staff members.
* Maintains order by maintaining adequate stock of supplies and
ensuring adequate forms for the clinical record, patient education,
* Maintains equipment, participates in the recommendation and
purchase of new equipment.
* Assists in the performance improvement plan by gathering data and
recommending implementation of a plan of action.
* Maintains confidentiality of patient information in accordance
with Hospital policy and applicable statutes and regulations.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required for the
* Current nursing standards of practice required.
* Ability to coordinate and supervise the assignment of staff,
makes assignments and checks for completion of job duties and
* Ability to tactfully communicate with both internal and external
* Ability to use a telephone, fax, copier, computer, fetal monitor,
and all other equipment associated with nursing practice.
* Ability to stand/walk 90% of the shift, frequent pushing,
climbing, bending, reaching, stooping, squatting and helping lift
objects and patients ranging from five (5) to three hundred (300)
* Ability to use hands, fingers, arms and wrists, hearing, smell,
and verbal skills are required in order to perform job duties.
* Utilize face shields/mask, gloves, protective clothing, safety
glasses, and other protection associated with the care of
Credentials and Experience Required
* Graduate of an accredited nursing school required.
* Current, valid Massachusetts Registered Nurse license
* BLS certification required.
* Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) required (must be obtained prior to
end of orientation period).
* Certified Lactation Counselor (CLC) required within 1 year of
* At least two (2) years of prior Labor and Delivery experience
* One (1) year of prior, related medical/surgical experience
* ACLS certification recommended.
* Must be available to work day, evening and/or night shift as well
as rotation on weekends as assigned. Must be able to rotate to
units as assigned.
* Must be willing to work additional shifts as assigned.
* Must be available to stay overnight should need arise during
patient transports off island.
* May be exposed to the following hazards: temperature
fluctuations, moderate noise levels, minimal dust, infectious
diseases and other chemicals as customarily used in a hospital
setting. Exposure to various hazards in handling patient
* Must be available to work overtime as needed to complete all job
* Must be available to work in the case of a Hospital declared
Keywords: Partners Healthcare System, Nantucket , RN, LDRP - 36 hrs/wk, Healthcare , Nantucket, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!