Company: All Medical Personnel
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Specialty: PhlebotomistLocation: Brewster, MA 02631 (working in
an outpatient lab)Schedule: M-F 8:30am-4:30pmJob Duration: Contract
assignment estimated to be 6 months. Potential for extension or
temp-to-perm hire!Start Date: ASAP!Pay Range: $18-23 per hour,
based on experienceResponsibilities:
- Experience doing blood draws, labeling specimens, centrifuging
specimens, recording maintenance data and decontamination, updating
patient information, etc.
- Collects and stores specimens according to established
- Properly explains in a clear but courteous manner the process
of the venipuncture (blood drawing) and or other specimen
collection (ex. urine or fecal) as required
- Demonstrate technique/s using straight needles and/or butterfly
- Fully understand all of the physicians' orders.
- Matches laboratory requisition forms to specimen tubes. Label,
centrifuge, split, and freeze specimens as required by test
- Check all test requisitions or computer label against script to
ensure 100% correct.
- Package specimens for transport
- Stores specimen sample according to required temperature,
places samples in appropriate collection container/ tube,
accurately labels, follows different procedures as outlined by
specific to protocol deemed necessary for transport to maintain
integrity of the specimen.
- Understand and comply with OSHA and DEP regulations.
- Attend annual department trainings Answer telephone calls, read
laboratory results to satisfy inquiries.Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum of 6 months' work experience performing venipunctures
in a fast paced lab or hospital setting
- Strongly prefers pediatric to geriatric experience
- Proficiency with data entry into EMR
- Requires High School Diploma or GEDAbout UsAll Medical
Personnel is a national leader in healthcare staffing recognized by
Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA) as one of the nation's largest
healthcare staffing firms. Our goal is to simplify the travel
nursing process with a flexible and personalized approach. Our
clients range from local, regional and national healthcare
organizations throughout the United States. Whatever the focus of
your medical career, we can help you find the perfect travel
Keywords: All Medical Personnel, Nantucket , Phlebotomist, Healthcare , Brewster, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!