Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Job Description - Registered Nurse (3140962) Registered Nurse -
( 3140962 ) Full-time, 40 hours per week, day shift Job Summary:
The RN is a licensed professional who supports medical providers in
delivering of patient and family centered health care in an
ambulatory care setting. The nurse reports to the Clinical Nurse
Manager and is responsible for working side by side with the
providers, hospital leadership, and health care team to oversee the
delivery of quality patient care through the daily operations of
the office, which may include the supervision of the medical
assistants (MA). Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- As a registered nurse, participates in the day-to-day clinical
activities to ensure a patient focused, quality environment of care
is delivered and maintained. Ensures compliance with NCH/NCMG best
practices and policies.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients/family
- Collaborates with Practice Supervisor, Practice Director,
Clinical nurse manager, Community Affiliate Practices, and hospital
leadership to identify current and future practice needs.
Participates in the development of work plans and implements
changes to support the primary care and specialty models.
Participates in special projects, as assigned.
- Promotes an environment that is sensitive to the culturally
diverse needs of patients and staff.
- Facilitates and develops a positive working relationship among
departments of the MGH/NCMG and NCH.
- Complies with and monitors adherence to HIPAA policies and
procedures related to management of protected health
- Creates and maintains policies, procedures, and guidelines
related to practice operations, including those related to
point-of-care testing, new medications and therapies, and patient
flow. Monitors adherence to policies.
- Serves as departmental resource for preparation for Joint
Commission and other regulatory site visits. Ensures the
environment of care is maintained.
- Implements quality measures as directed by MGH/NCMG and NCH
Quality teams. Participates in government and private insurers
programs to ensure practice flow supports quality goals.
- Meets hand hygiene and other infection control practices.
- Maintains necessary clinical skills through self-directed
clinical practice and self-examination as required to maintain
- All other related duties to support the optimal functioning of
the NCMG & Specialty offices as assigned. Specific Job Duties and
Responsibilities Responsible for handling calls from patients
and/or patient representative who are seeking medical information
and/or medical attention. Facilitates scheduling of appointments as
the patient's condition requires, answer questions and provide
health education to patients on the phone who have questions about
their care. Specific duties include:
- Participates in daily "morning huddle," proactively identifying
clinical care, concerns, and needs for patient's/families scheduled
for the day.
- Helps facilitate the processing of medication refills.
- Conducts patient call-backs/follow-up calls within a timely
manner and documents the interaction within the EHR.
- Supports the office team with obtaining required medical
- Completes medical and treatment pre-authorizations in a timely
- Helps make referral to outside institutions if clinical
expertise is needed.
- Assists the providers and other office staff with scheduling
patients for required medical appointments, utilizing EMR, and
other available scheduling systems.
- --Assists the provider as needed with EMR inbasket
- Administers immunizations within established practice
- Completion of a pre-visit comprehensive assessment, intake, and
history of new patients.
- Rooming patients and preparing the patient and room for the
provider, to include the following:
- Gathering of all appropriate supplies.
- Opening the clinical record using the appropriate
- Review and documentation of all relevant clinical information
in each patient's records, to include:
- Chief complaint/reason for visit/nursing assessment.
- Current and past medications (medication reconciliation).
- Relevant patient, family, and social history (including smoking
- Health Maintenance status/requirements.
- Nursing care provided.
- Vaccine status and administration.
- Vital signs.
- Fall screening for patients > 65.
- Review and document allergies.
- Ensure patient's choice of pharmacy is noted.
- Completion of screening and evaluation forms (PEDS and
- Confirm all appropriate patient consents for treatment/care
(surgical procedures, Care in L&D, Sterilization, etc.) are
obtained and help provide education, along with the provider if
- Ensures all required insurance/forms are reviewed and signed by
the patient (Medicare physical and medication/vaccine
- Comprehensive teaching and education of patients and/or their
families utilizing current, standardized teaching tools and
- Assists the provider with treatments/screenings.
- Completes medication/treatment pre-authorizations.
- Completion of all nurse visits, in a timely manner, to include:
- Providing and recording appropriate assessment and treatment
- Consults with provider, as required.
- Completion of coding within the EHR in accordance with
documented industry standards and Partners Policy.
- Sends/responds to clinical messages in a timely manner.
- Assists other nurses as needed.
- Keep rooms adequately stocked.
- Assist patients in and out of wheelchairs and other assistance
- Other duties as assigned.
- Telephone Triage
- Responds to patient phone calls in a timely manner, collecting
sufficient information related to the presenting problem and
- --Furnishes medical advice within the scope of the
- Facilitates the scheduling of appointments, based on
- Accurately documents the encounter with the patient in the
- Maintains work queue within the EMR. Essential Qualifications,
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required for the Position
- Knowledge ofbasic nursing principles.
- Good computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office,
electronic medical record systems, and medical office practice
- Effective analytical skills.
- Demonstrated strong and effective interpersonal and
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Ability to tactfully communicate with both internal and
- Ability to use fingers and hands to operate all
department-related equipment as described on the Department
checklist. Additionally, must use, (who has a beeper still?)
telephone, calculator, fax, copier, scanner, and other related
- Ability to frequently bend, using back and knees.
- Ability to stand and walk 40 sit 60 of the time. Ability to
frequently climb, bend, reach, stoop, squat, help lift objects from
five to fifty pounds and move patients via wheelchair or stretcher.
Ability to independently lift from five to twenty-five pounds.
- Ability to present themselves in a professional manner.
- Ability to develop a rapport with providers, clinical staff,
patients, and families.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with managers,
employees, vendors, contractors, and other agencies. Demonstrated
ability to be flexible, highly organized and make independent
decisions in response to operational issues within medical office
environments. Knowledge of basic principles of
practice/departmental management. Credentials and Experience
- Graduate of an Accredited Nursing School.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in Massachusetts.
- Certificate as a provider of BLS.
- Other certifications as needed to preform clinical tasks within
the clinical setting as required.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant clinical experience preferred.
- Work hours will be determined by the Director of the practice
and/or the Clinical Nurse Manager and needs of the practice and
will include some weekends.
- Overtime as necessary to complete assigned work.
- Must be available to work in the case of a declared hospital
- May be required to attend meetings on or off the island. The
hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or disability. Primary
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Nantucket , Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Nantucket, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!