Beach Club Manager
Company: Sankaty Head Golf Club
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Position Reports to: Food and Beverage Manager
Subordinate Staff: Beach Club - Front of House Staff and Lifeguard
Work closely with the General Manager. Responsible for the general
operation of Food and Beverage at the Beach Club. Manage the
service of members and guests in the dining room. Supervise dining
room staff, greet and seat guests, maintain order and cleanliness,
assure that member satisfaction standards are consistently
1. Understands the operating budget for the department's revenue
and expenses. Monitors and takes corrective action as necessary to
help assure that budget goals are attained.
2. Assures that effective orientation and training for new staff is
3. Inspects to ensure that all safety, sanitation, energy
management, preventive maintenance and other standards are
4. Assures that all standard operating procedures for revenue and
cost control are in place and consistently utilized.
5. Helps plan and approve the organizational chart, staffing and
scheduling procedures and job description/specifications for all
6. Assists with hiring seasonal wait staff, bartenders, bussers,
7. Helps to manage the long-range staffing needs of the
8. Ensures that all legal requirements are consistently adhered to
including wage, hours and federal, state and/or local laws
pertaining to alcoholic beverages.
9. Works with the GM, AGM and F&B Manager to develop and
implement policies and procedures for food and beverage
10. Monitors purchasing and receiving procedures for products and
supplies to ensure proper quantity, quality and price for all
11. Communicates all member feedback for food preparation and
presentation to the Executive Chef and F&B Manager.
12. Consults with the Executive Chef, Event Coordinator and other
applicable club administrators daily to help assure the highest
level of member satisfaction at minimum cost.
13. Greets guests and oversees actual service on a routine
14. Helps develop wine lists and bottle/glass wine sales promotion
15. Ensures correct handling procedures to minimize china and
glassware breakage and food waste.
16. Addresses member and guest complaints and advises the F&B
Manager about appropriate corrective actions taken.
17. Develops interesting ways of promoting functions at the Beach
18. Assists in planning and implementing procedures for special
events and banquet functions.
19. Maintains appearance, upkeep and cleanliness of all food and
beverage equipment and facilities.
20. Monitors employee dress codes according to policies and
21. Manages physical inventory verification and provides updated
information to the accounting department.
22. Responsible for the proper accounting and reconciliation of the
Point of Sale systems and member revenues on a daily basis.
23. Ensures that an accurate reservation system is in place.
24. Supervises the remodeling, refurbishment and other building
design enhancements applicable to food and beverage service.
25. Suggests and describes available appetizers, entrees, desserts,
alcoholic beverages and wines to members and guests.
26. Coordinates food service between kitchen and service staff.
27. Inspects all linens daily for proper appearance.
28. Maintains and inspects all flatware, glassware and linen items
for proper appearance and quantities.
29. Resolves member/guest complaints.
30. Helps select, train, supervise and evaluate service staff.
31. Inspects dining room to ensure proper maintenance, cleanliness
32. Provides layout and design recommendations to applicable
33. Suggests dining room decorations for special themes.
34. Assures that pre-opening cleaning tasks are assigned and
completed as required.
35. Assists with service of food and beverages for special
functions when needed.
36. Assists with table clearing and resetting as needed.
37. Reports when additional service supplies and small equipment
38. Enforces established rules, regulations and policies.
39. Acts as Dining Room Manager and serves as opening or closing
Beach Club manager.
40. Ensures that a Manager on Duty (MOD) is the last person to
leave each day and that any emergency or critical issues/situations
that arise are communicated to the GM.
41. Attends and actively participates in weekly F&B meeting
with executive staff.
42. Conducts daily food and beverage meetings with front of the
house staff (pre and post shift meetings).
43. Conducts meetings with lifeguard staff and ensures all daily
duties are being effectively performed.
44. Undertakes special projects as requested by upper
45. Counsels with other managers and employees about employee
grievances and complaints; directs problem correction where
46. Work with the Clubhouse Dining Room Manager and F&B manager
to schedule staff. The schedule should be completed a week in
47. Knows the steps of service and should be able to do everything
that the wait staff is expected to do.
48. Organizes the staff on a daily basis to give them set sections
and assign side work duties.
49. Checks on tables to watch staff performance throughout
50. Mindful of ticket times and act proactively to ensure timely
51. Creates floor plans that are ready in time for pre-shift.
52. Communicates with staff to set expectations and runs a daily
53. Opens and closes the Beach Club at the beginning and end of the
54. Is knowledgeable and passionate about food, beverages and
55. Works in tandem with the CH Dining Room Manager to ensure a
consistent and excellent member experience.
56. As a manager the expectation is that you will not engage in
personal relationships or activities with line employees.
57. Encourage and manage the front of the house staff to maintain a
professional and friendly demeanor throughout their shift (people
on the floor should be smiling).
Keywords: Sankaty Head Golf Club, Nantucket , Beach Club Manager, Executive , Nantucket, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!