Assistant Manager in Training
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Join a team of more than 32,000 team members, comprised of our
home office and over 229 clubs and 7 distribution centers. Were
committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members,
helping them save every day on everything they need for their
family and home. BJs Wholesale Club offers a collaborative,
team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow
Responsible for overseeing specific areas of the club depending on
role- Operations, Merchandising, Member Services, or Perishables.
Serves as a leader of the entire club by providing direction,
oversight, and validation of company expectations and initiatives.
Establishes efficiencies, maintains policies and procedures,
delivers a positive service experience to Members, and ensures a
positive and safe environment for Members and Team Members. The
manager is responsible to function as the Manager on Duty (MOD) as
assigned. While MOD, the manager has responsibility to manage the
entire Club, including all Club departments, to ensure excellent
Member engagement, to address any and all concerns brought to the
MOD's attention, and to escalate any concerns, as appropriate. The
manager could be assigned as MOD 50% or more of the manager's
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Maintains an understanding of club policies and procedures
across all areas of the club. Provides leadership and direction to
all departments within the club.
- Collaborates with other Assistant Managers to assess Team
Member performance, provide actionable feedback and develop talent.
Assists in hiring and training and administers corrective action as
- Evaluates departmental performance using company reporting
programs and makes operational decisions to maximize sales,
profits, and performance.
- Responsible for the effective communication of departmental
activities to club Team Members, club management and club support
- Performs Club Self Audits and control procedures to measure
compliance with club policies and procedures.
- Ensures operational processes are consistently followed in the
highly controlled areas of receiving, asset control, human
resources and cash office.
- Continually monitors customer service levels and ensures a
positive service experience is delivered to all Members.
- Establishes operational efficiencies and productivity standards
within the department and reviews budgets, plans and P&L to
identify profit opportunities.
- Responsible for the proper maintenance and working order of the
building, equipment, furniture and fixtures within the club.
- Role will focus on one of the following areas, Club Operations,
Merchandising, Perishables, or Membership Services. Dependent on
area, other responsibilities will be assigned.
- Knowledge of store operations, receiving, asset control,
maintenance, human resources and cash office procedures
- Basic computer knowledge (MS Word, MS Excel, Email)
- High school diploma, college degree, and/or big box wholesale,
retail, grocery and/or management experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including
managing/supervising cross-functional teams, training team members,
and driving and communicating results.
- Open shift availability required.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard
surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to
examine or scan merchandise, including bending, handling, pulling,
reaching, and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May
require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects in excess
of 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area with frequent exposure to
temperature extremes and loud noises. There may be occasional
exposure to cleaning agents.Required
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Nantucket , Assistant Manager in Training, Executive , Harwich, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!