Location: South Dennis
Posted on: June 23, 2022
6 New Venture Drive, South Dennis, Massachusetts 02660
TruGreen is committed to providing personalized attention for our
associates. We focus on developing our people by building proud,
dynamic teams while helping associates reach their personal and
professional goals. We continuously strive to make TruGreen an
employer of choice and "a great place to work!"
Provides quality and timely service to the customer through the
recruitment, training, and supervision of a team of lawn care
specialists. Provides effective coaching and development of field
staff so that they may positively impact customer retention through
exceeding customer expectations.
1. Evaluates the quality of service provided to customers and
develops procedures to minimize customer complaints. Ensures
diplomacy concerning customer service-related concerns.
2. Coaches and develops lawn specialists and trainees. Works with
other managers to identify ways to reduce customer
3. Recruits, interviews and selects personnel needed to efficiently
staff the service function. Evaluates performance, makes salary
recommendations, and administers disciplinary actions consistent
with company policy.
4. Plans and conducts new hire and on-going training for service
personnel in customer service skills, technical skills, safety
policies, and procedures.
5. Supervises a team of technicians to ensure service (production
and sales) goals are met. Maintains positive morale among personnel
and actively promotes teamwork.
6. Examines associate work for accuracy, neatness, and conformance
to best practices as well as company policies and procedures.
7. Determines work procedures issuing oral and written
instructions. Expedites workflow by coordinating the sharing of
information between customer and field technician. Prepares work
schedules and assigns and monitors duties to service personnel for
8. Prepares composite reports from individual reports of
subordinates. Conducts daily and weekly management meetings.
9. Ensures that a safe workplace is provided for all associates by
ongoing training and adherence to company policies.
10. Maintains Department of Transportation Pre/Post Trip Inspection
and Drive Qualification files. Ensures current licensing is
maintained by all associates as required by company policy/state
and/or federal law.
Education and Experience Requirements
* Associate's degree in a business-related discipline and two (2)
or more years of related experience in
lawn/horticulture/agronomy/lawn care services required, or an
equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 2+ years of supervisory management experience required
* Certificates, licenses, and registrations as required by federal
and state law
* Bachelor's degree and sales experience preferred
* Requires extensive local travel.
* Valid, permanent driver's license from state of residence and a
clean driving record per company standards are required. Current
liability auto insurance required. Must be able to obtain and
maintain a valid DOT medical card. Must be 21 years of age by date
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of leadership
and with front line staff
* Excellent leadership skills in team building, selecting talent,
training, mentoring and developing a sales team, executing
* Excellent time management skills
* Practical knowledge of service industry and experience in
developing and executing sales plans
* Business process analysis skills
* Computer skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel,
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Regularly required to:
* Sit or stand
* Walk on uneven surfaces or climb stairs for an extended period of
* Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach
* Speak and hear
* Use vision abilities for close, distance, color, peripheral,
depth, and focus
* Lift up to 50 lbs independently
* Push and pull equipment
Occasionally required to:
* Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
* Moderate to loud
* Subject to outdoor weather conditions which may include extreme
cold, extreme heat, or wet conditions
* Subject to exposure to animals and insects
* Regularly exposed to chemicals using appropriate safety
* Occasionally work near mechanical or moving parts
TruGreen is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage
diverse candidates to apply to this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer -
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities. To learn more, Click Here or to request an
application accommodation, Click Here .
California Residents: for information on personal data we collect
as part of the application process, Click Here .
TruGreen performs pre-employment testing.
To view our disclaimer, Click Here .
Keywords: TruGreen, Nantucket , Service Manager, Executive , South Dennis, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!