Executive Director, Dream Day on Cape Cod
Company: Dream Day on Cape Cod, Inc.
Posted on: June 20, 2022
PROGRAMDream Day on Cape Cod, Inc. (Dream Day), founded in 1993,
is a non-profit organization dedicated to bringing children with
life threatening illnesses and their families respite from their
daily struggles through recreational programs offered at no cost to
them.The Executive Director (ED) of Dream Day is responsible to and
functions with authority from the organization's Board of
Directors. S/he/they serves as the principle professional resource
to the Board and represents Dream Day to the families it serves and
to its contributors. The ED provides leadership and management to
the organization and is responsible for the day-to-day operation of
Dream Day.KEY FUNCTIONSThe ED's position centers on active,
cooperative relationships with the Dream Day Board, its committees,
and other stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Board to establish and implement the
overall direction of fund development.
- Manage organizational finances, in conjunction with
- Establish and maintain significant relationships with the Board
and represent Dream Day's mission and vision to the community,
volunteers, and staff.
- Provide guidance and leadership to the Board and its committees
- Collaborate with senior management to develop business
strategies and company policies that will increase company
- Communicate frequently with stakeholders to inform them of
company strategies, projected outcomes, and quarterly performance.
philosophy, mission, and policies for the organization.
- Work with Family Relations Committee and Camp Director to
ensure successful service to Dream Day families, and that the
organization is meeting its mission.
- Oversee Facilities Director to ensure Dream Day facilities are
operational and safe for Dream Day programs.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing effective
- Advanced knowledge of management practices and financial
- Excellent communication, presentation, and collaboration
- Ensure that the company adheres to all relevant laws and
- Direct the organization's operations and programs.
- Promote a culture of transparency within the company by clearly
communicating goals, strategies, and policies to
employees.BACKGROUND AND QUALIFICATIONS:The ideal candidate will
have experience in professional leadership of an established
nonprofit organization. S/he/they will have a strong record of
successful relationships with volunteer leadership. Proven skills
as a leader and team builder are essential. S/he/they must have a
broad knowledge of and skill in the management of resource
development programs, including demonstrated success: 1) in
applying marketing principles to fund development; and 2) as a
planner and strategic thinker. S/he/they must have proficient
knowledge of social media practices, database management, and
online fundraising platforms.Along with your resume, please provide
a cover letter detailing why you are interested in the position and
the organization and what relevant experience you might bring to
the organization.Position is a combination of remote (local) and
Keywords: Dream Day on Cape Cod, Inc., Nantucket , Executive Director, Dream Day on Cape Cod, Executive , Brewster, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!