Individual Support Case Manager
Company: Kennedy-Donovan Center
Location: West Yarmouth
Posted on: May 16, 2022
At KDC we are on a mission to empower and support all people to
meet their full potential in a world where every individual and
family thrives, no matter the circumstances.
About this role:
KDC seeks an Individual Support Case Manager to facilitate and
provides home and community supports for individuals with
developmental disabilities, utilizing a team-based approach. The
Individual Support Case Manager promotes individual growth in the
areas of choice and decision-making, community membership,
household management skills, relationships and personal
We are offering a $500 sign-on bonus for this role.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Provide direct skill training, case management, supportive
counseling and crisis intervention as directed by the
- Promote individual choice and self-expression based upon
quality service principles.
- Facilitate and coordinate, with the individual, access to
needed supports, including generic community services.
- Provide support and assistance to individuals necessary for
them to develop and maintain relationships with others.
- Provide transportation as appropriate in response to individual
schedules and desired activities and/or appointments.
- Work cooperatively/collaboratively with other community service
providers and medical professionals to ensure coordination of
supports and services.
- Ensure that individuals are treated with respect and dignity at
all times, and maintain confidentiality regarding their records and
- Ensure completion and maintenance of documentation as required
by KDC and all applicable funding agencies.
- Perform other job-related responsibilities as assigned.
We are looking for people who:
- High School Diploma
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication
- Experience with and commitment to community based supports to
individuals with developmental disabilities
- Valid driver's license
- Able to meet required competency level in Microsoft Office
The physical requirements for this role are:
- Extensive travel required.
- Ability to meet with individuals within their homes.
- Ability to sit for moderate time periods.
- Frequent phone use required.
- Ability to use computer.
The required pre-employment checks for this role are:
- Criminal Offender Record information (CORI) check
- Public Driving Record check
The interview process for this role includes:
- a brief phone screen with Talent Acquisition;
- 1 team interview; and
- a 2 hour experiential ride-along to see a day in the life.
KDC values a diverse workforce. We are committed to a culture of
equality and inclusivity that fosters dialog, innovation,
compassion, respect, and collaboration. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment regardless of race,
ethnicity, age, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, veteran status, disability status, neurodiversity,
or any other protected characteristic outlined by federal, state,
or local laws. Your uniqueness drives our excellence!
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Kennedy-Donovan Center, Nantucket , Individual Support Case Manager, Executive , West Yarmouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!