Homeless Veterans Case Manager
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Who We Are -- VOAMASS gives members of the community who need help
the most the services, support, and self-esteem they need to create
a fresh start. At VOAMASS, our dedicated teams are committed to
serving the whole person. What We Do -- Through our powerful
integrated behavioral health care model, we bring together vast
resources from a diverse team of caring staff to help each client
meet their personal goals. The care we provide paves the way for
greater opportunity and second chances by focusing on the critical
pillars towards a healthy life: behavioral health, financial
stability, and safe housing. As the Case Manager, you'll have a
dynamic and critical role providing continuous advocacy and
education around supports and services in the community in order to
reduce homelessness, and advocate employment among veterans and
veterans at risk of homelessness. As the Case Manager you will
conduct day to day support and services for veterans identified by
the program with specialization in employment placement and
support, homelessness prevention/rapid re-housing and transitional
supportive services. This role is about making a difference in the
lives of the people we serve. You'll bring the following
- Preference to Military Veterans given.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's Degree
in Human Services/ Psychology is highly preferred.
- At least one year of experience in case management or working
with homeless population.
- Knowledge of veterans programs, services, and military
- Demonstrated experience/work history working with housing
authorities, employers and employment placement agencies, mental
health clients and substance abuse programs.
- Reliable transportation and excellent driving record.
- Proficient skills using Microsoft Outlook, excel, and word
preferred. Knowledge of Microsoft Access, and Adobe Acrobat Pro a
plus. Key Responsibilities:
- Participate in outreach and advocacy efforts to help employ
homeless veterans in Middlesex and Essex and Suffolk Counties.
- Connect with other providers, employers, and employment
placement agencies, including housing providers, for referrals and
- Develop, maintain, and document a strong network of veteran
referral sources designed to generate daily referrals.
- Conduct initial pre-screens on new referrals, and qualifies
candidates for program.
- Coordinate with Case Managers and HVRP staff to provide
services and support.
- Assist the prospective clients in gathering documentation
necessary for enrollment.
- Conduct overflow of the intake and assessments for clients as
- Direct employment seminars as necessary and a once monthly new
client program orientation
- Strong resume building and interview skills
- Ensures that inquiries about the application and admissions
process are responded to in a timely manner.
- Use online data system to track and update all Veteran clients
- Participates in all required team meetings and external
meetings as assigned.
- Performs other duties as required. Since 1934, VOAMASS has
provided critical services to the residents of the Commonwealth.
From pioneering early residential treatment programs in the 1960's
to leading today in the field of mental health prison diversion
programming, VOAMASS can be counted on to tackle our greatest
challenges. VOAMASS is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity
and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon
race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including
pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a
protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or
other applicable legally protected characteristics. For full-time
employees, our comprehensive and generous benefits package
- Competitive Health, Vision and Dental insurance
- Flexible Spending and Health Reimbursement Account
- Employer paid Life and Long-Term Disability
- 403(b) matching retirement plans
- Tuition Remission Programs
- Loan Forgiveness (PSLF Program)
- Fitness/Wellness reimbursement
- Employee Discount Program
- Pet Insurance
- Blue Care Line (24/7 Nurse hotline)
- Generous Vacation, Sick, and Personal Time Benefits
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap Requirements:
Vaccination Policy: In accordance with VOAMASS' duty to provide and
maintain a safe workplace, we have adopted a mandatory vaccination
policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families,
our clients, partners, visitors, and the community at large from
COVID-19. This policy complies with all applicable laws and is
based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and
Prevention and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
Keywords: VOA, Nantucket , Homeless Veterans Case Manager, Executive , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!