Public Information Manager
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Job Description - Public Information Manager (3146367) Public
Information Manager - ( 3146367 ) Job Summary: As a member of the
NCH Foundation Team this position reports to the VP of Strategy and
Community Development and works closely with the President and CEO,
Leadership and stakeholders. There is also a collaborative
relationship with the Mass General Brigham Office of Public
Affairs. As Public Information Manager, this position serves as the
hospital spokesperson and develops and manages a media relations
strategy which advances the mission and programs of NCH locally,
regionally, and nationally. The Public Information Manager is
expected to maintain a high profile in the community. Responsible
for managing the website, social media platforms, and providing
writing and editorial support for the Office of the President and
the NCH Foundation. Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Confidentiality at the highest level is required to serve in
this position. Incumbent maintains confidentiality of patient,
hospital and staff information in accordance with Hospital policy
and applicable statutes and regulations. Because of the sensitive
nature of this position, incumbent agrees to maintain this
confidentiality under all circumstances.
- Responsible for all media communications using established
communications channels to promote the Nantucket Cottage Hospital
and Nantucket Cottage Hospital Foundation mission.
- Collaborates with Administration, Marketing, the President and
CEO of NCH and the entire Foundation and Hospital Team on public
- Proactive in approach to media. Also promptly responds to media
requests and advises the Foundation, hospital President/CEO and
Board of Trustees of appropriate media activity.
- Regularly produces and reviews all media communications and
when appropriate, collaborates with Mass General and Mass General
- Serves as spokesperson for NCH and NCHF.
- Writes fundraising letters, grant proposals and other
development related materials as requested.
- In conjunction with Foundation and Hospital Staff, regularly
plans, organizes and implements community and public relations
activities and promotes the hospital mission to all community
groups, schools and organizations.
- Manages NCH social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter,
Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Responds to questions/comments from the public via phone,
e-mail, and social media.
- Uses expertise to improve brochures, pamphlets etc.
- Responsible for editorial development of the Community Benefits
Report, Annual Report and other special publications as
- Provides insight and input into the creation of electronic
- Assists the President and CEO, HR, and other departments with
- Demonstrates the ability to establish a rapport with the
hospital staff and community members in order to facilitate a
successful community relations program.
- Regularly assesses the success of ongoing programs and projects
and makes appropriate adjustments to same as required.
- Regularly recommends updates for the hospital website to ensure
contact is current and accurate.
- Regularly promotes health screening and lectures, collaborating
with Foundation staff to ensure maximum impact. Creates annual plan
to ensure high level donors are included as appropriate.
- In collaboration with the Administration and Marketing, assists
with creation and dissemination of community newsletters.
- Primary duties include the exercise of discretion with respect
to matters of significance in hospital operations.
- Provides support to the Foundation staff for the following
events: Health Fair, Golf Tournament, "Boston Pops on Nantucket"
and other events as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Essential Qualifications,
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Knowledge of:
- Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Word and various
software packages used for public relations' activities, marketing
and fundraising/development required. Skills:
- Proven writing skills and ability to develop and manage
community relations' activities essential.
- Clear and effective written exposition
- Skill and sensitivity in interpersonal relations, including
high level of confidentiality.
- Creativity, energy, team orientation and commitment to the
- Excellent verbal and computer skills necessary. Ability to:
- Write persuasively.
- Articulate the mission of Nantucket Cottage Hospital.
- Handle multiple tasks with efficiency and aplomb.
- Absorb and translate information about a variety of medical and
scientific topics and communicate it to others in lay
- Ability to bend frequently, using back and knees, lift between
five (5) and ten (10) pounds, and minimal physical effort required
for standing, walking, climbing or crawling.
- Be tactful, personable and affable, able to handle confidential
information and be a team player, be flexible and adaptable.
Credentials and Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Master's Degree in a related field or in a health care-related
- At least 5 years of prior experience in media or community
relations/public relations and/or development with proven success
in meeting benchmarks and achieving goals.
- Current, valid driver's license required. Special Requirements
- Job duties may require meetings during the evenings or on
- Travel may be required for the purposes of completing job
duties and responsibilities.
- Must be available to work in the case of a hospital declared
emergency. The hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or disability.
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Nantucket , Public Information Manager, Executive , Nantucket, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!