Company: Nantucket Cottage Hospital (NCH)
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Job DescriptionFull-time, 40 hours per week, Day shift
Working together with our community to achieve whole person
wellness through health and related services.
An island community that enjoys physical, mental, emotional, &
Reporting to the VP of Quality, Risk & Patient Experience and VP of
Compliance and Contracting, the Administrative Assistant will
provide highly sensitive, confidential, and administrative support
to ensure the efficient and effective day-to-day functioning of
these NCH Administrative Offices within a dynamic, fast-paced
environment; ensuring that all departments, communications, and
meetings are accomplished/supported in a professional manner.
In this highly visible role in the Hospital and in the Community,
the incumbent will be the first point of contact for key
information and issues being brought to the attention of these Vice
Presidents. The Administrative Assistant works independently,
receives minimal supervision and guidance and is subject to
knowledge of matters of a highly confidential nature. Expert
understanding of the organization, programs, and procedures related
to the work of these VP's is essential.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information in accordance
with Hospital policy and applicable statutes and regulations.
- Manages schedules, including the planning and timely
notification of meetings and appointments while using independent
judgment in setting priorities and proposing alternatives to
meetings with access to NCH calendars.
- Sends out timely notification of scheduled meetings; decides on
meeting site and attends to other details as required; makes
business related travel arrangements.
- Assists with maintenance of VP calendars and helps monitor
voice mail, e-mail, and other means of correspondence.
- Prepares meeting materials for review and maintains meetings
schedule for reoccurring meetings.
- Maintains meeting agendas, minutes, materials, and
- Maintains and updates confidential websites as requested.
- Interfaces with employees from MGH and MGB including the Office
of General Counsel, senior management, attorneys, consultants,
- Functions as a liaison to other Senior leaders, the Foundation
and members of the Medical Staff to track daily issues for needed
- Works closely with other Administrative Assistants and
department managers, coordinating activities, room schedules,
information and follow up to ensure smooth hospital
- Meets regularly with the VPs to receive and provide updates on
assignments, policies, and procedures, assigned projects, and
- Keeps the VPs informed of department activities, scheduled
appointments, and project progress,
- Opens and sorts mail, highlighting important items. Initiates
first response where and when appropriate and prepares replies for
- Attends staff meetings as requested; takes, transcribes, and
distributes minutes as directed.
- Assists in the preparation of presentations, including
overheads, slides, documents and talking points.
- Sets up and maintains electronic files per policy.
- Reviews expenses and manages invoices submitted for
- Assembles materials and compiles data for preparation of
administrative and operational reports, various regulatory and
governmental agencies, or other appropriate parties.
- Requisitions office supplies on an as needed basis;
requisitions other materials as directed.
- Makes decisions relative to routine administrative
- Proactively follows through on tasks assigned and provides
periodic updates on progress.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Quality Responsibilities:
- Takes, transcribes, types, and distributes meeting minutes of
QAPI committees as needed.
- Tracks progress on action items related to corrective action
- Assists in compilation of required reporting to state and local
- Assists in the preparation of responses to patient
- Data entry and maintenance of department databases as assigned;
collates statistical data for reporting.Credentialing
- Meets regularly with MGB Payer Enrollment specialists to
facilitate the timely enrollment of providers.
- Servs as a liaison to the Medical Staff Office.
Qualifications Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required
for the Position
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required
- Knowledge and understanding of medical terminology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage
sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism,
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to demonstrate adequate technical skills and judgment
to function unsupervised during on-call, second shift, and weekend
- Ability to work independently, exercise discretion, and
maintain strict confidentiality, including retaining important
information while maintaining privacy and extreme trustworthiness
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- High school diploma required. Associate's or bachelor's degree
- 2 years' experience in an administrative assistant capacity or
related position required.Special Requirements
- May be required to attend early morning or evening meetings as
- Must be available to work overtime as needed to complete all
- May be required to work occasional weekends or holidays based
on department needs.
- Must be available to work in the case of a Hospital declared
EEO Statement Nantucket Cottage Hospital is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we
choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed,
national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual
orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other
status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals
with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to
participate in the job application or interview process, to perform
essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and
privileges of employment. Partner's Healthcare is acting as an
Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Keywords: Nantucket Cottage Hospital (NCH), Nantucket , Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Nantucket, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!